Windows 10: can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

Discus and support can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaffiBTC, Mar 3, 2022.

1. RaffiBTC Win User

can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?

:)

RaffiBTC, Mar 3, 2022
  2. spunk Win User

Pinning Word File to Taskbar

You cannot add a shortcut to the taskbar by dragging the file to the taskbar, but you can right click Word and pin Word Application to the taskbar and if you right click that icon, the most recent opened Word Documents can be selected.

spunk, Mar 3, 2022
  3. MaloK Win User
    Pinning Word File to Taskbar

Hi,

If you don't mind your shortcut been to the right of taskbar, you can use toolbars easily. with no hacks to add or remove links.

Open Your documents folder, Create a new directory called "!". Right click on your Taskbar, go to Toolbars, New toolbar, Go to your documents select the "!" folder you created. Create shortcuts of the document you want on the tool bar, and put them in "!"

screen shot from w7... w10 all the same.

can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar [​IMG]

The advantage is you can put more than one shortcut. And it's seamless to use once in place.

Many Ladies kissed me for this one *Wink

MaloK, Mar 3, 2022
  4. AndreTen Win User

Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

Hi Coro123, and welcome to Tenforums!

In Windows 10, I found the most practical way to quick access certain documents is via context menu.

Quickest is if you pin Word (not a document) to Taskbar, and by right click on it you have a list of documents. You can pin any document in list - it will appear on the top and stay there.

It is the same for Start menu. Right click on Word tile it will give you context menu with recent files

About Pin to start in contect menu, here are tutorials by Brink. You can ask him there too *Wink

Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10

AndreTen, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

1. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar - Similar Threads - can't add documents

2. Word document shortcuts not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues with it. Keyboard shortcut Shift+F5, which moves the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair hasn't resolved the issue....
  3. Word document shortcuts not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues with it. Keyboard shortcut Shift+F5, which moves the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair hasn't resolved the issue....
  4. Word document shortcuts not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues. with it. Some shortcut functions on Word don't work. Shift F5, which is meant to move the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair...
  5. I can't pin my game shortcuts to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't pin my game shortcuts to the taskbar: I have a bunch of games I purchased off of GoG good old games. I installed one of them tonight and tried to pin the shortcut to its executable to my taskbar. However, when I hover the icon over the taskbar, it either asks me to pin it to the icon already there which I don't...
  6. I can't pin my game shortcuts to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't pin my game shortcuts to the taskbar: I have a bunch of games I purchased off of GoG good old games. I installed one of them tonight and tried to pin the shortcut to its executable to my taskbar. However, when I hover the icon over the taskbar, it either asks me to pin it to the icon already there which I don't...
  7. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  8. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  9. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  10. Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar: I'm using MS Office and find some Desktop shortcuts will not pin to the Taskbar. My Desktop shortcut to Outlook pins just fine but, shortcuts to FILES will not pin or drag' For example, I have a Desktop shortcut to a "something.xls" (Excel) file which, when clicked, opens...