Windows 10: Can't add new email account to Mail

Discus and support Can't add new email account to Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kw_1975, Feb 12, 2020.

1. kw_1975 Win User

Can't add new email account to Mail

My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices.

So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I am in Settings and click the Add Account option, the screen which opens is blank.

Any easy fixes? Thanks

:)

kw_1975, Feb 12, 2020
  2. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Feb 12, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't add new email account to Mail - Similar Threads - Can't add email

2. why can't i add new email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  3. why can't i add new email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  4. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  5. Can't add mail account in Courrier

Can't add mail account in Courrier: Hi, Did it happen and has it been solved to someone else that one day, the mail account registered in Courrier Windows Mail app do not refresh mail anymore and after uninstalling the account, not being able to add it ? Before uninstalling the mail address form the app,...
  6. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10: 0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account. I've followed these directions to no avail. Uninstalling the program or resetting it in App Settings not only does not fix the problem, but it doesn't even delete my account data. Running out of ideas. Shame...
  7. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  8. how to add email accounts to live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  9. Can't add account to Mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  10. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...