Windows 10: Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030

Discus and support Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have barely managed to log in to my Windows 11 with password and couldn't reset the PIN in any way.Before and after login I have received this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Binda Bartłomiej, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030

I have barely managed to log in to my Windows 11 with password and couldn't reset the PIN in any way.Before and after login I have received this error code which isn't mentioned in Microsoft docs: 80090030Is there any workaround for this bug?I have tried all solutions mentioned here https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-pin-not-working-in-windows-10

:)

Binda Bartłomiej, Jun 22, 2022

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030

1. Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030 - Similar Threads - Can't add PIN

2. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  3. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  4. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot windows 11 password and can't reset the password only use pin to login all this time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot windows 11 password and can't reset the password only use pin to login all this time: Hi,Almost A year I always login with PIN to my laptop with windows 11 and I already forgot my password.When I want to change the password there is no option where I can reset the password.I try to :In the Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > Password there is only option...
  6. Forgot windows 11 password and can't reset the password only use pin to login all this time

Forgot windows 11 password and can't reset the password only use pin to login all this time: Hi,Almost A year I always login with PIN to my laptop with windows 11 and I already forgot my password.When I want to change the password there is no option where I can reset the password.I try to :In the Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > Password there is only option...
  7. Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030

Can't add new PIN and can only login using password 0x80090030: I have barely managed to log in to my Windows 11 with password and couldn't reset the PIN in any way.Before and after login I have received this error code which isn't mentioned in Microsoft docs: 80090030Is there any workaround for this bug?I have tried all solutions...
  8. PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!: I have come to my end with this version of Windows 10! Never have I hated a Microsoft product! Windows 7 was getting there but was still usable! There is no logic to why everytime you start a program you need to log into Microsoft!!! I've NEVER had to log into my Windows...
  9. Can't login to computer with password, but I can with PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to computer with password, but I can with PIN.: How do I reset password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-computer-with-password-but-i-can/47e52442-a8ce-4bba-ab3c-5e3ab336a6d2
  10. Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN: Split from this thread. I have. A Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10. The other day threre was a update. It installed it. Then backed out for some reason?? Now i can no longer log in by password not the 4 digit pin no dots. Help...