Windows 10: Can't add PIN

Discus and support Can't add PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm unable to add PIN in the account settings. Click the OK button does nothing . I've tried as many way as I could find but still can't fix it. If... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ducc1545, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Ducc1545 Win User

Can't add PIN

I'm unable to add PIN in the account settings. Click the OK button does nothing .

I've tried as many way as I could find but still can't fix it. If anyone know how, please help me.

Can't add PIN fe49674b-1cf3-4625-a399-8839d21f4230?upload=true.png

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Edit: Things I've tried:[/COLOR]

Delete files in Ngc folder

Reset ACLs on Ngc folder

Using another account

Clear TPM

Run SFC

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Run DISM tool[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Edit Registry[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]...[/COLOR]

:)

Ducc1545, Feb 20, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 20, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Can't add PIN

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't add PIN

1. Can't add PIN - Similar Threads - Can't add PIN

2. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  3. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  4. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't add new pin to user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new pin to user account: Every time i try to add password to my user profile its saying "no internet connection detected please reconect" But I'm connected to the internet, everything online is working tried to troubleshoot and repair, its saying no issues. I don't know what else to do? submitted...
  6. what is causing this error? I can't add or remove PIN.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is causing this error? I can't add or remove PIN.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stunning_Kangaroo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy6v6v/what_is_causing_this_error_i_cant_add_or_remove/
  7. Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Setup Pin when click Add button: I always getting "you'll need the internet for This" error when click the Add button to add a Pin to my Windows 10 Pro. I am sure the internet access is there while I'm posting this question. does any one knows how to solve this problem or seen this problem before?...
  8. Add Pin Number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Add Pin Number: I'd like to use the Pin option rather than type in a password. Every instruction I've seen says: Start - User - Change - Sign in Option - "ADD PIN" - enter password - Set Pin - OK. I cannot find "ADD PIN" anywhere, including Control Panel. Win 10 is telling me that I...
  9. Can't add in fingerprint or pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add in fingerprint or pin: When I try to change or add the pin or fingerprint, it states "something went wrong,. Try again later" can someone tell me how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-in-fingerprint-or-pin/7c54d6b5-ad8c-4e22-a229-eab75503f040
  10. Pin Add

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Add: I tried many times to set my pin. I set up my Pin in Pin addition dialogue box, but when I sign out. in sign in window again it ask password not pin. Pin is not set successfully. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-add/3871f738-cb92-4400-aca2-d14fb4547907"