Windows 10: Can't add powerpoint to my default apps

Discus and support Can't add powerpoint to my default apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't add powerpoint to my default apps and have tried everything possible. I actually can't add any apps!! They all show up, but when given the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YSR1749, Jan 29, 2019.

1. YSR1749 Win User

Can't add powerpoint to my default apps

I can't add powerpoint to my default apps and have tried everything possible. I actually can't add any apps!! They all show up, but when given the option to click on the app or go to app store, nothing happens?? I am having trouble opening a Pptx file I downloaded as it's not showing up in my formats. HELP!

:)

YSR1749, Jan 29, 2019
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Can't add powerpoint to my default apps :)

jaydeee, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

Hi Drew,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I will certainly assist you.

As you are not able to see the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app which is freely available in Windows Store.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Control Panel on the search bar,then go to Programs and Features, Click View Updates
    • Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't add powerpoint to my default apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't add powerpoint to my default apps - Similar Threads - Can't add powerpoint

2. Issue with powerpoint add-in and microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with powerpoint add-in and microsoft account: I am using my powerpoint that is on my personal Microsoft account. I added a "Pidgeonhole Live" add-in. My survey/poll slides were imbedded in my powerpoint presentation and were working just fine. I got into my presentation last night to practice before my presentation...
  3. Issue with powerpoint add-in and microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with powerpoint add-in and microsoft account: I am using my powerpoint that is on my personal Microsoft account. I added a "Pidgeonhole Live" add-in. My survey/poll slides were imbedded in my powerpoint presentation and were working just fine. I got into my presentation last night to practice before my presentation...
  4. Issue with powerpoint add-in and microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add custom program to Default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add custom program to Default apps: Hi, I want to select a custom program as my music player, photo viewer and video player in the settings. Its a standalone .exe file. I know I can change it for a single file type using right click -> open with, but it would be easier if I could register the program to appear...
  6. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  7. powerpoint can't be opened

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powerpoint can't be opened: hello. i have this problem lately, i can't open the ppt that i download from web. when i click the troubleshooter it said that my antivirus is not running correctly. how can i fix this?...
  8. Can't add Amazon Music as default player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add Amazon Music as default player: I restored my computer to previous date - now some things just aren't working. I want to add Amazon Music as default music player. All that are listed in the pull down are Groove and Window Media player. I have Amazon Music downloaded also but can't get it added to the...
  9. Can't add account to my Mail app

Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  10. Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want

Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want: Okay so another Windows 10 weird issue! I am trying to make IrfanView my default photo viewer app. However, Windows will not let this be! When I try to choose a default, but this app is not even recognized. What I can do is actually click on a image file and have those open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add powerpoint to apps