Windows 10: can't add printer

Discus and support can't add printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I click add a printer the screen blinks and looks like a new window is going to open, but doesn't. Sometimes it also will automatically close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jmh88, Jan 26, 2019.

1. jmh88 Win User

can't add printer

When I click add a printer the screen blinks and looks like a new window is going to open, but doesn't. Sometimes it also will automatically close the settings window.

:)

jmh88, Jan 26, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 26, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

can't add printer

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

can't add printer

1. can't add printer - Similar Threads - can't add printer

2. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  3. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  4. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  5. Windows can't open Add Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't open Add Printer: Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine. It's about a Windows 10 Pro / x86 system. I've already installed many network printers that used to work perfect. But a few days ago I lost my...
  6. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  7. Add printer

Add printer: Hi, can someone help? Can't add printer to remote server, another 10 I added. this no way. Thanks [img] 152578
  8. add a printer

add a printer: laptop doesn't recognize printer or can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-printer/f6c8ef28-f8db-4258-93f1-d4518876ac9e
  9. Can't add printer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add printer: I was having issues with my printer (Epson ET-2750 if that's relevant) so I uninstalled it and went to add it again. I tried two methods: Settings > Devices > Printer & Scanners > "Add a printer or scanner", and Control Panel > Devices and Printers > "Add a printer" (I also...
  10. Windows can't open add printer.

Windows can't open add printer.: I have a customer running Windows 10 Pro where I was unable to add a printer. I updated his system to version 1903. It did not help. If I open Printers and scanners there are units in the list that do not work. When I click Add a printer or scanner. Nothing shows in the...