Windows 10: Can't add/remove any Folder

Discus and support Can't add/remove any Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following problem with Microsoft Photos. If I add or delete a folder, Microsoft Photos does not do this command. However, this time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M.Marx, Dec 1, 2018.

1. M.Marx Win User

Can't add/remove any Folder

Hello, I have the following problem with Microsoft Photos.
    If I add or delete a folder, Microsoft Photos does not do this command.
    However, this time went. Because once I have been able to add a folder.
    One more thing is weird and hangs with Remote Desktop (not MTSC), the application from the Microsoft Store that starts, a window pops up in orange and closes.
    Since my PC is new, it seems to me that an update made these changes.

Can someone help me?
    many Greetings
    Matthias

:)

M.Marx, Dec 1, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't add/remove any Folder - Similar Threads - Can't add remove

2. why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder.: why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-or-remove-user-of-a-file-or-folder/de4c8c57-e0d3-498d-8c9b-33114fef13cf
  3. why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder.: why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-or-remove-user-of-a-file-or-folder/de4c8c57-e0d3-498d-8c9b-33114fef13cf
  4. why can't i add or remove user of a file or folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't add any Payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add any Payment method: We couldn't add your payment method.Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit can help.It is a new created account.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-any-payment-method/70ff14ca-5121-4cf3-8906-d47c1cc0909f
  6. Can't add any Payment method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add any Payment method: We couldn't add your payment method.Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit can help.It is a new created account.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-any-payment-method/70ff14ca-5121-4cf3-8906-d47c1cc0909f
  7. Can't add any Payment method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't "add this folder to pictures" for starters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "add this folder to pictures" for starters: I can't add a folder to pictures in Photos in Windows 10 or change destination. I have tried everything online for help. Nothing is working. I've tried repair, reset, sfc. There's no "Get" command recognized on powershell so the Get -AppxPackage Microsoft.windows.photos isn't...
  9. Can't add folders into libraries any more.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders into libraries any more.: [ATTACH] I did format and reinstalled window 10 yesterday. And created some libraries for my favorite folders already like always do after reinstalled. Today, I tried to creat extrea libraries but was not abled to add folders. creat "new library" choose "folder" click...
  10. can't add or remove any features in windows 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't add or remove any features in windows 10 ver 1909: Hi, My windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 installed on LENOVO ideaPad. I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 by add this feature in control panel apps & features and other features also. The pop-up error is " An error has occurred. Not all of the features were...