Windows 10: Can't add Shared Printer Without Credentials

Discus and support Can't add Shared Printer Without Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been printing from one computer to a printer connected to another computer on my small office network for Years. A few weeks a go I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JMartz65, Nov 28, 2018.

1. JMartz65 Win User

Can't add Shared Printer Without Credentials

I have been printing from one computer to a printer connected to another computer on my small office network for Years. A few weeks a go I started having issues with not being able to open the the printer properties to change paper size and so forth. When I try to open the Properties of that printer in Settings I get an access denied error. I removed the printer and tried to install it again but it always asks me for Username and Password, however I have all the sharing settings set to allow File and Print sharing turned on, Network discovery is on and password protected sharing is turned off. Everything should work, but it doesn't. Even when I enter the username and password for the computer it's connected to It tells me they are incorrect. This is crazy! I'm very familiar with a small network and file and print sharing, and everything is set so that it should work.

What am i Missing?

Thanks in Advance!

P.S. I can share files just fine between the two computers and the shared printer shows up just fine when I open that computer in the Network locations in File explorer, so it able to see it just fine. Just won't connect.

:)

JMartz65, Nov 28, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 28, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. HAT
    hat Win User

Ok, I'm going to take this one step further... I moved the printer to my server (thoroughbred) and it will handle the printing from now on. Now I won't have printer drivers on my gaming machine...

I'm a bit worried about sharing it between a 32-bit xp system and a 64-bit 7 system, though

Thema:

1. Can't add Shared Printer Without Credentials - Similar Threads - Can't add Shared

2. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  3. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  4. printer not add in sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  5. printer not add in sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  6. Can't add printer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add printer: I was having issues with my printer (Epson ET-2750 if that's relevant) so I uninstalled it and went to add it again. I tried two methods: Settings > Devices > Printer & Scanners > "Add a printer or scanner", and Control Panel > Devices and Printers > "Add a printer" (I also...
  7. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  8. can't add printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't add printer: When I click add a printer the screen blinks and looks like a new window is going to open, but doesn't. Sometimes it also will automatically close the settings window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-printer/4f7bbd01-4806-466f-9297-753645ff9b48
  9. Printer sharing without a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing without a password: I'm trying to help my sister remotely with her windows 10 desktop which has a printer connected to one of the USB ports. She wants to share this printer with a 2nd computer (also win10) on her network. So I set the printer to shared and gave it a sharing name. Then on the 2nd...
  10. Add Shared Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Shared Printer in Windows 10: How to: Add Shared Printer in Windows 10 How to Add a Shared Printer in Windows 10 Network printers are able to connect directly to your network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and are available to anyone on the same network by default. If you have a printer connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add shared printer without authentication

2. can access printer without credentials