Windows 10: Can't add some photos to favourites

Discus and support Can't add some photos to favourites in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to organise my photos and have been marking them as favourites in the photos app in windows 10 using the heart icon. But for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frustrated_with_10, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Can't add some photos to favourites

I've been trying to organise my photos and have been marking them as favourites in the photos app in windows 10 using the heart icon. But for some photos, it comes up with the error "Something went wrong. This file can't be added to favourites". Perhaps a coincidence, but all of the photos that have this error seem to be of my garden in bright sunlight. Any ideas on why I'm getting this error for some files, but not others?

:)

frustrated_with_10, Jan 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Jan 13, 2020
  3. import favourites

Ive tried to import my windows 10 favourites to another laptop but it wont import them. The ones that coming up in favourites are nothing like my list can anybody suggest how I can get these back please

Chris__347665, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Mel Jones Win User

Can't add some photos to favourites

Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?

Colleagues and friends have been asking me where are my favourites form Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge. What a lot of people don't realise (i.e. the novice n00b is just being rude) Microsoft Edge is a completely new browser, it's not Internet Explorer 12 as some people are getting confused with. It is a completely new browser. More stable much better than Internet Explorer 11. So to answer any questions to any novice Windows 10 users, Microsoft Edge Favourites I have listed below a few simple steps. (important! You have to have favourites present in IE11) If your favourites are in IE11 then just import them from your previous browser to Microsoft Edge. Respectively you can do the same for Google Chrome as well. Although at the moment Firefox does not appear in the list...

Can't add some photos to favourites [​IMG]

1. Open Microsoft Edge then click on
    2. To the right you will see Import favourites
    3. By default Internet Explorer is ticked to be imported
    4. Import your favourites and then click on the Favourites Tab again and you will see your favourites from Internet Explorer

If your Favourites do not appear just close and reopen Microsoft Edge and then click on

Now all your Favourites from IE or Chrome have been imported into Microsoft Edge...

Moreover, and most importantly is where is the path for the "Favourites Hub" Microsoft have done their best to hide the location of the favourites for Microsoft Edge. But because I'm working with computers for 7.5 hrs a day I thought the logical place to be would be in hidden away within AppData. If you want to edit your Favourites then the best way is to go directly to the file path location.

WB + R to open Run Command and type in AppData or just copy and paste the link that I have provided below for you.

AppData
    Local
    Packages
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    AC
    Microsoft Edge
    User
    Favourites

Drect Link: C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defa ult\Favorites

Mel Jones, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't add some photos to favourites

1. Can't add some photos to favourites - Similar Threads - Can't add photos

2. How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?: You can add a photo to favourites when it is the only one being viewed. But when viewing the contents of a folder, you see all photos in a grid and can select any number of them. Photos then lets you move or copy them but how can you add them to Favourites?Also... am I wrong...
  3. How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?: You can add a photo to favourites when it is the only one being viewed. But when viewing the contents of a folder, you see all photos in a grid and can select any number of them. Photos then lets you move or copy them but how can you add them to Favourites?Also... am I wrong...
  4. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  5. Filter favourite photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filter favourite photos: HelloIs there a was howto filter favourite photos in the album both: web and desktop application?No, I don't want to see all my favoutie photos in the folder "Favourite". I have thousands of photos. I have a folder with 1000 photos from a vacation and I want to filter only...
  6. Filter favourite photos

Filter favourite photos: HelloIs there a was howto filter favourite photos in the album both: web and desktop application?No, I don't want to see all my favoutie photos in the folder "Favourite". I have thousands of photos. I have a folder with 1000 photos from a vacation and I want to filter only...
  7. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  8. Photos and Favourites

Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  9. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Find favourites in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find favourites in Photo app?: Hello! How can I find photos that I've marked as favourites? There's no folder for it in the Photo app. submitted by /u/striped_eyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9m08/find_favourites_in_photo_app/