Windows 10: Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address

Discus and support Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a smart TV Vizio that is connected to my home network. Ipconfig shows its IP address and MAC address. I can cast and plex to it from my pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaxLMN, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MaxLMN Win User

Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address

I have a smart TV Vizio that is connected to my home network.

Ipconfig shows its IP address and MAC address.

I can cast and plex to it from my pc.

But it doesn't appear in my pc's local area network.

Any ideas? Is there a way to force the LAN to recognize the device by its IP address?

Thanks

:)

MaxLMN, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Eshley Win User

Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ?

Eshley, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Fix duplicate IP address on network

My clients see this problem often. The simple solution:

1. Pull the power plug from both your modem and router.
    2. Wait 30 seconds
    3. Plug power back to modem
    4. Wait 30 seconds
    5. Plug power back to router
    6. Wait several minutes.

The modem has the IP address assigned to it by your internet provider. The router uses internal IP addresses that it assigns to the various devices on your local area network. Those addresses change fairly often. Once in a while, the router messes up
    and assigns the same IP address to more than one device. When all is reset as described above, the router then wakes up and discovers all these network citizens and assigns them new IP addresses. The only effect will be a short term outage of network availability
    for all the devices on the network.

Canadian Tech, Dec 2, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

IP ADDRESS

This problem usually sorts itself out automatically, but see the following for some suggestions:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

If you keep getting these notifications, chances are that some device on your network is configured to use a static IP address that is within the range of addresses allocated by your router's DHCP server.

If you need some help in sorting out a situation like this, please provide the following information:

• the make and specific model of your router
    • the make and specific model of every device connected to your network, including printers, TV set top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
    If you have many devices connected to your network, download and run Advanced IP scanner (Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.). This will list all of your currently-connected
    network devices and show their IP addresses.

LemP, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address - Similar Threads - Can't Add Local

2. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address: anyone know how to do track down the info on a device if I have both the MAC and IP address?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinpointing-the-owner-of-a-macip-address/6e1618e5-dcad-4c8e-a2aa-329d5d06a94e
  3. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address: anyone know how to do track down the info on a device if I have both the MAC and IP address?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinpointing-the-owner-of-a-macip-address/6e1618e5-dcad-4c8e-a2aa-329d5d06a94e
  4. Pinpointing the owner of a Mac/ip address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. local area network

local area network: suddenly my local area network access disappeared, running windows 10 pro 64bit pc desktop, how can I get it back, it won't let me control my pool functions via wireless. thanks Vince...
  6. local area network doesn't have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local area network doesn't have a valid ip configuration: I set up a few days ago a wired connection. (With Wifi we have 30 down/ with the wired connection we have 220 down.) I have cat6 running from the router to a hub inside the office and from the hub the cat6 cable connecting to the computer. HP workstation running windows 10...
  7. Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network: Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-ip-addresses-on-the-same-local-area-network/bfcbe20b-40f4-4e18-9e73-545a69d47dcd
  8. No mac address associated with ip address

No mac address associated with ip address: I got an error message while trying to open an app. It said No mac address associated with ip address error -8. What can fix this? I tried reinstalling the app several times, rebooting, etc. Nothing has worked so far. This app used to work fine then all of a sudden I got...
  9. Add a MAC address to PC

Add a MAC address to PC: trying to add a MAC address for ROKO wireless connection to my PC, Pls help thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-mac-address-to-pc/669e98b6-d3bf-45b0-980a-33bc6a586374
  10. Determinig an IP address using MAC.

Determinig an IP address using MAC.: Hello everyone! Today i need to find a device connected to my LAN network using it's MAC address. In case someone tries to tell me to do Code: arp -a[/quote] - it's not a way to do it. The case is i'm trying to find login page of Teltonika's RUT900. Default is...