Windows 10: Can't add user via command line

Discus and support Can't add user via command line in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tinabina22, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Can't add user via command line

I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what I get when I open CMD: I can't go beyond this point, I keep getting error messages. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, Tina

Can't add user via command line [​IMG]

:)

tinabina22, Jul 8, 2016
  2. PCR Just PCR, Jul 8, 2016
  3. grtc23 Win User
    Power User Menu No Response

I am the only user of my Windows 10 PC and I have full administrator rights. I can open the Power User Menu and access the lower four menu items (ie Search, Run, Shut down or sign out and Desktop) with no problem but I can't access any of the others - clicking
    on them produces no response. I have seen suggestions to fix which involve accessing the command line in Administrator mode which I can't do either. I can access some of these items via the 'Run' option, so I can get a command line by typing 'cmd' in the run
    line or Control Panel via 'Control'. There's probably a way to access all the inaccessible links via the 'Run' option but I'd like it to work as designed...

Is there a way to run in Admin mode via the command line or does anyone have ideas on solving the problem any other way? Thanks - grtc.

Can't add user via command line [​IMG]

grtc23, Jul 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Can't add user via command line

Have you tried doing this via an elevated command prompt? Right click on the start button icon and select Command Prompt (Admin)

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Thank you, but I figured it out. Took me a little bit, all I had to do was signed on as administrator.

tinabina22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't add user via command line

1. Can't add user via command line - Similar Threads - Can't add user

2. User permission for using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User permission for using command line: I am trying to automate a process at work using an AutoHotkey-script. I need to use command line when running a given program for adding -FO and -V. What kind of permission is needed for this? Right now I only have reading permission for both the folder and the exe-file for...
  3. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  4. Command line to add dword to registry

Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  5. Speed test via command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test via command line: I need to test the speed of an Internet connection.I can test it by connecting to sites line fast.com or speedtest.net, but I want to perform a continuous test and to save the results on a file.I created a PowerShell script to run ping every 30 seconds and it works fine, but...
  6. Can't Access User Profile Folders From Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access User Profile Folders From Command Line: I cannot see the user profile folders within X:\Users (aka C:\Users) when booted into the command line. I have tried the various flags like /a, which I have used to successfully navigate to and view other hidden files. My intention is to relocate the roaming folder and to...
  7. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Browsers and Email
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  8. sending / receiving emails via command line

sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Change User Language by command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User Language by command line: Hi, I have a Win10 Enterprise version. I have set 3 Languages under the Setting -> Language. I can manually switch between the 3 languages under the Language setting page (by the set as primary language, then perform a sign out and sign in with the same user againg)....