Windows 10: Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety

Discus and support Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got two new Win 11 laptops for our kids. One of them is showing up in Family Safety, and the other is not. I have tried rebooting the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattFoster_91, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety

I just got two new Win 11 laptops for our kids. One of them is showing up in Family Safety, and the other is not. I have tried rebooting the laptop numerous times, removing the child from FS and re-adding them and switching their account on the laptop to a local account and back to their MS account. Nothing is working. The device DOES appear in the child's MS profile...just not in FS.For the laptop that DID show up, that child already had a Win 10 device connected to their profile. I'm not sure if that is why theirs is working or not.This is becoming really frustrating. Any advice would be a

:)

MattFoster_91, Oct 21, 2022

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 21, 2022
  3. SHMATech Win User
    Family Safety on Windows 11

I had Family Safety features set up on a laptop with Windows 10. That laptop was upgraded to Windows 11. Will all the same Family Safety features automatically still apply to the user account? I see in the Family Safety dasboard some settings say specifically they only apply to Windows 10. Or, do I have to set it up separately again using Windows 11?

SHMATech, Oct 21, 2022
  4. Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 21, 2022
Thema:

Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety

1. Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety - Similar Threads - Can't add device

2. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  3. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  4. Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Windows 11 device to Family Safety: I just got two new Win 11 laptops for our kids. One of them is showing up in Family Safety, and the other is not. I have tried rebooting the laptop numerous times, removing the child from FS and re-adding them and switching their account on the laptop to a local account and...
  5. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  6. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  7. I can't add a member to my family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't add a member to my family safety: Hello,I created and used a family group. But my son leaved himself my family group. Now, I want to add him again, but I get the message: "There 's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."I have tried this...
  8. I can't add a member to my family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a member to my family safety: Hello,I created and used a family group. But my son leaved himself my family group. Now, I want to add him again, but I get the message: "There 's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."I have tried this...
  9. I can't add a member to my family safety

10. Can't connect a device in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't connect a device in Family Safety: I've created a Microsoft account for my daughter who is part of my 'family' on Microsoft family. She's logged onto her device with that account and created a password etc and her account on that device is a standard account. But her device will not appear when I log onto the...