Windows 10: Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10

Discus and support Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I can't adjust the brightness on windows 10 although I was able to previously. I've tried fixing it by, updating intel drivers; updating monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lewis.., Nov 18, 2020.

1. Lewis.. Win User

Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10

Hi, I can't adjust the brightness on windows 10 although I was able to previously.

I've tried fixing it by, updating intel drivers; updating monitor drivers; trying to add the brightness icon to the action centre although the icon doesn't appear; using windows PowerShell and entering Get-WmiObject -Namespace root/WMI -Class WmiMonitorBrightnessMethods.WmiSetBrightness1,75; using the command prompt and entering powershell Get-WmiObject -Namespace root/WMI -Class WmiMonitorBrightnessMethods.WmiSetBrightness1,75; going to settings>system>display settings though the brightness adjustment bar has disappeared from here; using the windows mobility centre brightness slider which didn't change my brightness when moving the slider and even installing the following third part software -> https://github.com/blackholeearth/Win10_BrightnessSlider/releases; none of the above fixed the issue.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Lewis

:)

Lewis.., Nov 18, 2020

2. Broken brightness setting and Night Light

Hello,

Since scheduling night light I'm unable to change screen brightness setting. Night light strength adjustment also not working even in night light schedule "off" time. Turning off the schedule switch altogether solves night mode strength lock but global screen
    brightness still locked, ie the brightness slider moves but screen brightness doesn't change whatsoever ie, broken.

I've never installed flux etc, only the native night mode on the new surface 7 with up to date windows. Brightness slider worked as expected before scheduling night mode.

When night light schedule is turned off via switch in settings global brightness slider is still ineffective and broken, it slides to no effect.

Many thanks for reading.

Surface Pro 7

Latest updates

Ponderosaa, Nov 18, 2020
  3. My screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though "Automatically Adjust Brightness" and "Night Light" are both turned off

Issue: It appears that my laptop screen keeps fluctuating with a yellow tint instead of staying at the brightness I set it to.

• "Night Light" is turned off and no schedule is set for it.
    • "Automatically Adjust Brightness" is turned off, as well.
    • This happens when both plugged in and when unplugged.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it, so I can fix the issue.

Device:

• Lenovo Yoga 720 (new)

Zach Unsell, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10

1. Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't adjust brightness

2. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  3. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  4. Night light and brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light and brightness: At what level should I keep both? submitted by /u/AyeILY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxl9n5/night_light_and_brightness/
  5. Can't adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust brightness in windows 10: I am not able adjust brightness after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/2db053db-5ac0-4606-9f23-4c92bbbbcf77
  6. Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10

Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10: I can't find where to change the brightness, I don't see it in settings or notifications. I am on a PC dekstop. I updated everything: the driver, the display apdators and the monitors from the device manager and still yet I can't change the brightness. I used to be able too,...
  7. Can't use Windows "Night Light" feature.

Can't use Windows "Night Light" feature.: Just updated Windows the other day. Update was recent -- maybe 2-4 days old. I'm not longer able to use the Night Light feature in the Action Center or under my display properties. Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve editing my registry?...
  8. Broken brightness setting and Night Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken brightness setting and Night Light: Hello, Since scheduling night light I'm unable to change screen brightness setting. Night light strength adjustment also not working even in night light schedule "off" time. Turning off the schedule switch altogether solves night mode strength lock but global screen...
  9. brightness and night light

brightness and night light: I have been trying to reduce my brightness since I upgraded to windows 10 and its not working and also my night light option is no[ATTACH]t working . cant use it, its just blur. not active...
  10. Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10): I can't adjust my brightness on my laptop with either the hotkeys (F11 + F12), or with the display menu in settings. Yesterday it worked before i got to bed, then i shut it down and this morning i started it up and the brightness won't change anymore. anyone knows what to...