Windows 10: Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

Discus and support Can't adjust screen brightness after the update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 730-15" right now and I'm having problem to adjust my screen brightness after the update last night. Can someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VyPham1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. VyPham1 Win User

Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 730-15" right now and I'm having problem to adjust my screen brightness after the update last night.

Can someone help me solve this problem.

:)

VyPham1, Sep 20, 2018

2. how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

1. Can't adjust screen brightness after the update - Similar Threads - Can't adjust screen

2. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  3. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  4. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen brightness: I have tried everything, but I am unable to change screen brightness in Windows 10. I've tried updating my drivers, going back to previous versions of drivers, but since my laptop screen is so bright it drains so much battery and blows my eyes out in dark places. The...
  5. I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS

I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS: I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-brightness-after-updating-drivers/ce0e709b-4580-462e-89bf-316ea1a892cc
  6. Can't adjust brightness of my screen

Can't adjust brightness of my screen: After updating windows 10 i can't adjust brightness of my laptop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-screen/4ee5fdc8-d401-4963-8694-f83358226d03
  7. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi, I can't seem to adjust the screen brightness either through the keyboard shortcuts or the brightness bar in settings. My Windows 10 is up to date and I've tried updating the Microsoft basic adapter display driver. Is there anything else I can try?...
  9. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update: Dear Team, After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low....
  10. Can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't adjust brightness: Hi guys. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 on my acer notebook which I use when I travel. It has intel graphics. Brightness is stuck at 100. And it's not that big of a deal but it becomes a problem when I am in complete darkness. Help I guess? Btw when I move scale in...