Windows 10: Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10

Discus and support Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got my brand new laptop yesterday, it's an ASUS TUF GAMING 504, aaaaaaaaaaand the brightness is stuck at 100%. I tried enabling the adaptive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stefantrajkovski, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10

I just got my brand new laptop yesterday, it's an ASUS TUF GAMING 504, aaaaaaaaaaand the brightness is stuck at 100%. I tried enabling the adaptive brightness- that didn't work, I tried updating the Basic Display Adapter(which was already up to date)- that didn't, I also tried updating the Basic Display Driver manually- that didn't work as well. Then I tried/tampered with the monitor- that didn't help either. Then I downloaded and installed all the Windows 10 updates and tried updating the drivers again, and needless to say, it didn't work. So, yeah, I'm stuck, HELP!

:)

stefantrajkovski, Sep 27, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10

1. Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't adjust screen

2. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  3. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  4. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen brightness: I have tried everything, but I am unable to change screen brightness in Windows 10. I've tried updating my drivers, going back to previous versions of drivers, but since my laptop screen is so bright it drains so much battery and blows my eyes out in dark places. The...
  5. Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10: I can't find where to change the brightness, I don't see it in settings or notifications. I am on a PC dekstop. I updated everything: the driver, the display apdators and the monitors from the device manager and still yet I can't change the brightness. I used to be able too,...
  6. Can't adjust brightness of my screen

Can't adjust brightness of my screen: After updating windows 10 i can't adjust brightness of my laptop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-screen/4ee5fdc8-d401-4963-8694-f83358226d03
  7. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness in windows 10

Can't adjust screen brightness in windows 10: Previously I was able to adjust my screen brightness using the F11 and F12 keys but after January 2019 update I cannot seem to be able to do so. Pressing them does display the bar with the slider but the brightness does not change. I have tried updating the drivers for the...
  9. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi, I can't seem to adjust the screen brightness either through the keyboard shortcuts or the brightness bar in settings. My Windows 10 is up to date and I've tried updating the Microsoft basic adapter display driver. Is there anything else I can try?...
  10. Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10): I can't adjust my brightness on my laptop with either the hotkeys (F11 + F12), or with the display menu in settings. Yesterday it worked before i got to bed, then i shut it down and this morning i started it up and the brightness won't change anymore. anyone knows what to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant adjust brightness windows 10

2. display brightness not working asus tuf after formating

3. screen brightness wont adjust

4. tuf asus 5061 display brightness adjust,
  5. cant change screen brightness,
  6. cant increase screen brightness,
  7. win_10brightness slider,
  8. how to adjust asus tuf screen brightness,
  9. change windows 10 home display brightness,
  10. change windows 10 display brightness no slider,
  11. set display brightness in windows 10,