Windows 10: Can't allow program to run through windows security

Discus and support Can't allow program to run through windows security in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm on windows 10 pro and I can't figure out how to allow a program to run that is being blocked by windows security, I looked it up and it says to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beta_Male333, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Can't allow program to run through windows security

So I'm on windows 10 pro and I can't figure out how to allow a program to run that is being blocked by windows security, I looked it up and it says to go to virus and threat protection but when I go there it doesn't look like it should, there's nothing there saying allow ___or manage etc., https://imgur.com/a/UK4jGk8

submitted by /u/Beta_Male333
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Beta_Male333, Jul 13, 2020

2. Problem allowing program through firewall in Windows 10.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persists with a particular program?

• Did you check if you are facing similar issue when you allow other programs through the firewall?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists if you allow other program to allow through the firewall and when on reboot the program is disabled.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the program developer and check with the program settings.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Can't allow program to run through windows security

Smeed, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't allow program to run through windows security

1. Can't allow program to run through windows security - Similar Threads - Can't allow program

2. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  3. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  4. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why can't we run programs through cmd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we run programs through cmd?: When we type in run for example "firefox" or "vlc" it works.And in CMD or PowerShell it doesn't happen the same.Since the directory that firefox and vlc are in is not in Path in the Environment variables....
  6. firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,: nedd to allow program through firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-need-to-allow-program-through-wall/2e6c3e47-5a20-4ea7-a837-ac38ecc1a51a
  7. Can't run a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run a program: I'm tired of Windows 10. I wish you'd quit updating. Now I can't run Sculptris I downloaded the 3d modeling app, and it won't run. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't run. I can't find a decent free 3d building software that's compatible to Windows 10....
  8. running program through network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running program through network: In xp it was easy to run a program on another computer on the one your running now. Though normally it was to run setup programs and transfer preffrences. Just set the folder or program up as shared and access it from the other computer Is this still true of Win 10? example:...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials: Does "allow program" allow the infected program, or all...

Microsoft Security Essentials: Does "allow program" allow the infected program, or all...: I've searched and been unable to find an answer to this question, because Microsoft is unaware that their instructions are dangerously ambiguous. When Microsoft Security Essentials gives you the options to Remove, Quarantine, or Allow "a program", what does "Allow" mean?...