Windows 10: cant alt-tab into or out of games, permentantly stuck

Discus and support cant alt-tab into or out of games, permentantly stuck in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this recent annoying bug where if I alt tab out of a game or its minimized for any reason and I try to reopen it it will stay stuck on a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hatemf23, Nov 11, 2016.

1. hatemf23 Win User

cant alt-tab into or out of games, permentantly stuck

I have this recent annoying bug where if I alt tab out of a game or its minimized for any reason and I try to reopen it it will stay stuck on a black screen, I can open the task manager with ctrl-alt-delete but it will still be in the background behind the black screen along with everything else, there is absolutely no way out of it except by restarting windows. this happened on 3 separate games so is not game specific.

:)

hatemf23, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Simon_29 Win User
    Alt tab out and Alt tab in issue

Hi,

Yes I normally keep my graphics cards up to date. I even used the ones my manufacturer gave me and still the same issue.

The BSOD error message is the following: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe. Has something to do with the nvidia cards i guess.

I have tried both a clean installment of windows 10 and of the graphics drivers and no luck. Ive tried turning off v-sync to see if that was the issue but again no luck.

Simon_29, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Do you have the Borderless option?

5. hatemf23 Win User
    for games? probably not, some of the games I play are old and don't have that option.

hatemf23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant alt-tab into or out of games, permentantly stuck - Similar Threads - cant alt tab

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  6. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  7. i am getting alt tabbed out of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am getting alt tabbed out of games: I formatted my laptop which is an Alienware 17 r5 on October 2019 and I put windows 10 build 2004. I put nvidia driver version 456.71, I installed steam, I installed Bitdefender internet security and focus assist in windows was enabled. Everything was ok and I never got alt...
  8. Alt+tab stuck open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+tab stuck open: Was playing a F1 2020 and I wanted to record a little clip so I opened up geforce experience and started recording. When I went to close it used alt+z because I forgot the shortcut to stop recording. When I went to do this the menu started flickering opened than closed. I...
  9. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  10. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on a game and alt tab cant window out