Windows 10: Cant alt tab or close search bar

Discus and support Cant alt tab or close search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; system settings suspended along with searchui, backgroundtaskhost and i cant alt tab, press window key or close search tab submitted by /u/Siimkee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Siimkee, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Cant alt tab or close search bar

system settings suspended along with searchui, backgroundtaskhost and i cant alt tab, press window key or close search tab

submitted by /u/Siimkee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Siimkee, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

alt + tab not working

In XP, I've found I can't alt-tab in, or out of games. In game, I can Ctrl-esc to get out, then I have to click on the task bar to get back in.

Sasqui, Mar 14, 2021
  3. 2311ski Win User
    Start bar and Alt+Tab stop working after PC is on after awhile

After running Win10 without any major issues since its' release about a week ago I started encountering an apparently pretty common issue with the start bar not working. Along with the start bar not being accessible, when I try to use alt+tab, it also does
    not work. When I first logon to my PC it works fine but after awhile the issue appears. I've read through the various publications online detailing the steps of:

• Running /sfc scannow
    • Re-installing windows apps
    • Repairing windows update
    • Lastly, I have reset my PC (while keeping my files)

After going through all of the above, the issue still appears..

My next step is to create another account and use that, before I do that, does anyone else have any other suggestions for this issue?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

2311ski, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Cant alt tab or close search bar

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Cant alt tab or close search bar Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Cant alt tab or close search bar

1. Cant alt tab or close search bar - Similar Threads - Cant alt tab

2. Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing: Recently I ran into an issue where when I open either Microsoft Apps, Windows Store Apps and the Settings on my pc it will cause my task bar and alt tab to freeze. The problem fixes after a few seconds and would perform all the things I did. Example: If I spammed alt tab, it...
  3. alt tab returning to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab returning to task bar: Full screen apps and games keep minimizing itselfwhen i do alt tab the app minimize, same as clicking the app on the task bar, it always minimize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-returning-to-task-bar/79a0bc2a-cadb-475f-9ad0-8350b8acdb27
  4. Search Bar keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar keeps closing: I have been having a problem with the search bar as it keeps on closing before I can type anything in. I have tried restarting the search tool through task manager, etc, as well as indexing my files again. However, the problem persists. I have finished all updates on my...
  5. PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing: Whenever I finish closing a game or alt tabbing out of a game after playing for a while, the pc will go black and audio will still come through but the pc will be unresponsive. I have already tried reinstalling the gpu drivers and installing the latest bios that I could. I...
  6. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  7. Alt-Tab shows minimized/closed windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab shows minimized/closed windows: When I Alt-Tab I can see some apps that don't have an open window, they are minimized to the tray. Is there a way to disable this? When I quickly want to switch between a few open windows this gets annoying because instead of having 3-4 options there are 7-8. submitted by...
  8. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  9. Alt+Tab is closing windows

Alt+Tab is closing windows: As the title suggests, Alt+Tab is now closing the window is should be changing to. I haven't touched any settings and I don't want it like this because I use Alt+Tab frequently. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? submitted by /u/BoredFMyt [link]...
  10. Search Bar Prematurely Closing

Search Bar Prematurely Closing: Hi all, Got a strange problem whereby my search bar will open and then close itself after a second or two. Attached is a video to demonstrate the problem. I haven't added any new software, programs or manual updates to anything to cause this; the only thing I have done...