Windows 10: Can't always log into other sites

Discus and support Can't always log into other sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Two examples: 1. My bank and 2. My Kroger pharmacy. I can open the sites, type in my ID and password and the original screen pops back up asking me... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tony0915, Oct 8, 2015.

1. tony0915 Win User

Can't always log into other sites

Two examples:
    1. My bank and 2. My Kroger pharmacy.
    I can open the sites, type in my ID and password and the original screen pops back up asking me to log in. I went over to the Google browser and was able to get in with no problem. This has started only after installing Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to have to jump back and forth between browsers.

Tony

:)

tony0915, Oct 8, 2015

2. Lumia 822 Log into secure sites.

I'm assuming OP means any site which uses Mastercard Secure code or similar, banking sites, any retail site which verifies cards using Secure Code or similar verification process.

If he/she is then the answer is you can't.

caitlin1759, Oct 8, 2015
  3. CJLim Win User
    Lumia 822 Log into secure sites.

Please elaborate or give a few examples.

CJLim, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Jackman33 Win User

I'm having several problems with Windows 10, but the most important right now is that I can't link to websites, not all anyway. I can get to MSN but when I search for a website, the Bing search page comes up and when I pick the website I want, I get the message "This page can't be displayed". Now, I can logon to Facebook, but can'taccess any links there. I have an account with Yahoo but can't access the home page for that. Using Win 10 on a Surface Pro 3, just upgraded to Win 10, using Internet Explorer and have also tried Edge. Does this make any sense?? I have 6 other PC's and have no problems at all.

Jackman33, Oct 11, 2015
  5. tony0915 Win User
    I kept playing around with Settings. Clearing all cookies, etc. helped on a one time basis. Then in Advanced Settings I turned on Block Only Third Party Cookies and now I can access and sign-in to the sites I need to use. What is strange is Don't Block Cookies didn't help at all. As the Shadow used to say "who knows what evil lurks in the heart of windows 10".

Tony

tony0915, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Jackman33 Win User
    Where in Settings do you find the ability to clear cookies and Advanced Settings. My settings on the start menu doesn't show anything like that. Is there another Settings function somewhere?

Jackman33, Oct 11, 2015
  7. tony0915 Win User
    Settings, Network & Internet, internet options. After clicking internet option click Task View you will see Internet Properties. General tab, browsing history.

tony0915, Oct 12, 2015
  8. Jackman33 Win User

I'm kind of dense today, but I had cleared the Browsing History. You mention "Advanced Settings and blocking only 3rd party cookies"...where is this Advanced Settings in the Internet Properties page??

Jackman33, Oct 12, 2015
  9. Jackman33 Win User
    I'm really sorry, but I had been working with Internet Explorer, and now switched to Edge and I see those options now. Blocking the 3rd party only worked with some links but not all of them. Back to the drawing board!! Thanks at least I made some headway.

Jackman33, Oct 12, 2015
  10. tony0915 Win User
    Try unblocking all cookies. I've read on some posts that that has worked for some. MS needs to fix it.

tony0915, Oct 12, 2015
  11. Jackman33 Win User
    Yes, I tried that and I got one website to open and nothing after that. This is so weird. I have never had any problems on a number of PC's that I have upgraded. I actually had the problem, not as often when I had the Surface on 8.1. Somewhere there will be a solution, but I am getting well worn out!!! lol

Jackman33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't always log into other sites - Similar Threads - Can't always log

2. this help site much worst than other sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this help site much worst than other sites: this help site much worst than other sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-help-site-much-worst-than-other-sites/412a4726-305a-40f4-b35a-106a82b873bf
  3. this help site much worst than other sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this help site much worst than other sites: this help site much worst than other sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-help-site-much-worst-than-other-sites/412a4726-305a-40f4-b35a-106a82b873bf
  4. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  5. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  6. Always logged in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Always logged in: Hi, A few weeks ago I sent an email to a business I was purchasing something from. I clicked their "contact us" to send the message. Now every time I go to check my email on the msn.com home page, I'm logged into Microsoft all the time as well as my email account....
  7. This site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This site can't be reached: Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and...
  8. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846
  9. Logging Out of Web Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging Out of Web Site: I was once told that for security purposes, one should always click on the "logout" button on a web site before closing the internet page (i.e. on a banking site or medical site). I was told that this reduces the chance of someone gaining access to the site (versus just...
  10. Problem with logging onto site..

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with logging onto site..: I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit products from...all i get is a recurring login sign page ...when i click login box the page just blinks everytime i try to...