Windows 10: Can't associate .jp_ files with Photos store app

Discus and support Can't associate .jp_ files with Photos store app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Tried and tried to associate .jp_ extension with Windows Photos app, but it doesn't show up in the choices. I only see legecy apps, like Paint. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Eskimojnr, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Eskimojnr Win User

Can't associate .jp_ files with Photos store app

Tried and tried to associate .jp_ extension with Windows Photos app, but it doesn't show up in the choices. I only see legecy apps, like Paint. I know it would be best if the emails I get with these types of files had them named .jpg, but that's what I have to deal with. I could do this easily pre-Windows10.

I tried saving the attachments in a folder, then from the command line renaming *.jp_ *.jpg which then allows me to click on any file and it opens.

I would just like to eliminate this clunky workaround and just have .jp_ files associated with the Windows store Photos app. For that matter, any arbitrary extension associated with any arbitrary Windows store app, if that's not asking too much.

:)

Eskimojnr, Feb 2, 2021
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 2, 2021
  3. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows photo app is not working

Hi,

It is possible that the file association of the Photo app is set again as default that is why it says
    The app didn't start. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to verify few things:

• When you tried the troubleshooting steps are you getting the same error message?
    • Does this happen with photo app only or with other application?

Meanwhile, we suggest you download and run Windows Apps Troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose Windows apps/Store concern and will provide a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't associate .jp_ files with Photos store app - Similar Threads - Can't associate jp_

2. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  3. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  4. No App Associated with Microsoft Store

No App Associated with Microsoft Store: I came across this issue while attempting to install software from the microsoft store. When I hit the "Get" button, I'm either met with nothing on microsoft edge or an error message on firefox pasted below. The automatic troubleshooter has not found anything. Could somebody...
  5. File App Association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File App Association: There isn't a file option for .odm in default file association by app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-app-association/3e118cb5-61df-49e0-89ea-373fc0307092
  6. File/app association question

in Browsers and Email
    File/app association question: Today I checked which apps I have associated with which files. I discovered that .mht; .mhtml; and .website are associated with Internet Explorer which I never use. I tried to associate them with Chrome but the option is not available; I am simply told to find another app in...
  7. File type associated with App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File type associated with App: I recently installed Office 365 on my NB running Windows 10 Home. Upon successful installation, I uninstalled my Office 2007 from the NB. Nightmare occurred - I could not double click the selected file and open it with the App. Instead, I have to open the App first and...
  8. File Association for iTunes Store (.itmss)

File Association for iTunes Store (.itmss): I use Amtrak Guest Rewards a lot. They have an online shopping mall and one of the ways to earn rewards is to buy items on iTunes. It used to be that when I clicked on the link to open iTunes via the AGR "shopping mall" page, it would open iTunes and go right to the iTunes...
  9. Can't keep file associations

Can't keep file associations: I'm pretty sure this is a 1809 shenanigan but I'll post it anyway. I just made a clean install of Win10 and since the reinstall I can't make the file associations "stick". When I try to open a file that has no association, I can select the program I want to open it with, but...
  10. Can't keep file associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't keep file associations: I'm pretty sure this is a 1809 shenanigan but I'll post it anyway. I just made a clean install of Win10 and since the reinstall I can't make the file associations "stick". When I try to open a file that has no association, I can select the program I want to open it with, but...