Windows 10: can't autosave word doc due to activex controls

Discus and support can't autosave word doc due to activex controls in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can't autosave word doc due to ActiveX controls - Can you guide us on how to enable the AutoSave option without disabling the ActiveX... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abhilash Kumar kumar, May 6, 2021.

1. can't autosave word doc due to activex controls

Can't autosave word doc due to ActiveX controls - Can you guide us on how to enable the AutoSave option without disabling the ActiveX

:)

Abhilash Kumar kumar, May 6, 2021
  2. cknoettg Win User

Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

I want to verify something:
    If you right-click the affected Word file where AutoSave keeps turning off, and select Properties, what does it list as the location of the file?

cknoettg, May 6, 2021
  3. activex control problem

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more details to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue you're facing?
    • Are you using a remote connection?
    However, you may try adjusting the ActiveX settings. Refer to the below mentioned link:

Use ActiveX controls: Use ActiveX controls for Internet Explorer 11

Adjust Internet Explorer ActiveX settings: About Genuine Windows

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and reply with the information and we’ll be glad to help you further.

Navneet Anand, May 6, 2021
  4. srj123 Win User

can't autosave word doc due to activex controls

Word docs

many thanks for responding and trying to help me. the problem is that all of the docs in various folders that were word docs are no longer word docs - they only open on wordpad (and so parts of the docs cannot be seen). does anyone know why that would
    happen?

I actually don't know if I have a current subscription to office.

thanks again for any help anyone can give

srj123, May 6, 2021
Thema:

can't autosave word doc due to activex controls

1. can't autosave word doc due to activex controls - Similar Threads - can't autosave word

2. I can't open Autosave in word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Autosave in word.: Hi. I need help with word. Autosave continues to show off whatever I did. I even reinstalled the Microsoft. Along with name on the document come compatibility mode,I corrected and still autosave is off. The new word documents open same with autosave off....
  3. I can't open Autosave in word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open Autosave in word.: Hi. I need help with word. Autosave continues to show off whatever I did. I even reinstalled the Microsoft. Along with name on the document come compatibility mode,I corrected and still autosave is off. The new word documents open same with autosave off....
  4. Is there AutoSave in WORD?

Is there AutoSave in WORD?: I use WORD for all my documents that I create. I was using the auto save feature which prevented the constant pop-up of the "Do you want to save changes" every time I closed out and it automatically saved my work. Today my laptop received an update and I no longer see a way...
  5. Is there AutoSave in WORD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there AutoSave in WORD?: I use WORD for all my documents that I create. I was using the auto save feature which prevented the constant pop-up of the "Do you want to save changes" every time I closed out and it automatically saved my work. Today my laptop received an update and I no longer see a way...
  6. Why can't I turn on AutoSave in WORD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I turn on AutoSave in WORD?: Since I installed WIndows 11, when I am in WORD, there is an icon which indicates that AutoSave is off. When I go to turn it on, it says that "Mail Merge is interfering and to please complete the mail merge". Here is the problem. I do not use Mail Merge; I don't even know...
  7. Why can't I turn on AutoSave in WORD?

Why can't I turn on AutoSave in WORD?: Since I installed WIndows 11, when I am in WORD, there is an icon which indicates that AutoSave is off. When I go to turn it on, it says that "Mail Merge is interfering and to please complete the mail merge". Here is the problem. I do not use Mail Merge; I don't even know...
  8. Can't open a Word Doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  9. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  10. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autosave with ActiveX controls