Windows 10: Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

Discus and support Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My SanDisk USB drive is fairly new, I use it just to backup my files on my computer. I got a message telling me to "Reconnect storage device", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SnootBooper, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

My SanDisk USB drive is fairly new, I use it just to backup my files on my computer. I got a message telling me to "Reconnect storage device", and that's what I did. But doing that didn't change anything, and I'm getting the same message when I try to backup my files.

:)

SnootBooper, Oct 6, 2018
  2. GSquadron Win User

USB drive

What does it mean rugged?
    Cuz for the model i suggested it says it is good it is not rugged in a review

Also, 30mb/s is for usb 3.0.
    25mb/s is for usb 2.0.
    Is that the true speed?
    I have never seen that speed in any usb 2.0 devices.

Patriot 16 gigs costs more than the kingston i suggested and is 2.0 only (a bit more 30$ with shipping)
    Meanwhile 32 gigs costs 100$
    The kingston i suggested costs 24$ 16gigs (free shipping)

I want to have a speedy usb and the capacity best would be 16 gigs.
    Price depends, becuase i found a 16 gigs usb for 13$ but speeds 4mb/s
    This is why i am asking, is it true the speed of 25mb/s to this kingston?
    Cuz that would be perfect!

GSquadron, Oct 6, 2018
  3. SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive and bitlocker 128 gig

I have SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 gig and a 128gig . The bitlocker protection works great on my 64 gig but does not work on my 128gig. As I try to turn on bitlocker on my 128 gig as it encrypts the drive it keeps locking and unlocking the drive
    asking me for password it never gets past the 23% no mater how long I leave it.

I returned the drive I thought it was a bad drive tired it on a new drive and still have the same issue.

The issue I cannot get 128 gig SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive to be encrypted. I tried to format and tried it again no luck I tried different USB port on my machine and no luck I even tried a different machine and no luck. it keeps locking and unlocking
    the drive asking me for password it never gets past the 23% no mater how long I leave it.

Contacted Scandisk and they refer me to Microsoft

lopez60120, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

1. Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive - Similar Threads - Can't backup files

2. Backup drive-can't get files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup drive-can't get files: I copied files onto Scan Disk with Surface Windows 10, trying to get backup files off Scan Disk using Windows 11. Cannot see the files on Scan Disk.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drive-cant-get-files/50c24504-4e7a-4de0-9c8b-a9ddc3a01214
  3. Backup drive-can't get files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup drive-can't get files: I copied files onto Scan Disk with Surface Windows 10, trying to get backup files off Scan Disk using Windows 11. Cannot see the files on Scan Disk.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drive-cant-get-files/50c24504-4e7a-4de0-9c8b-a9ddc3a01214
  4. Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive: My new 256 GB Sandisk Ultra 3.0 USB thumb drive originally showed up in Disk Manager with a main partition of around 248 GB and a system partition of around 200 MB. I briefly used it in my Win10PC as a backup drive (Back up using File History). I later went back in and...
  5. Can file history backup the files that are on a usb drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can file history backup the files that are on a usb drive?: I am not asking about backing up TO an external drive. submitted by /u/nintendo1889 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrq3tf/can_file_history_backup_the_files_that_are_on_a/
  6. Transferring Files From one older USB 64 gigs Patriot to New 256 Gigs. SanDisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring Files From one older USB 64 gigs Patriot to New 256 Gigs. SanDisk: When transferring 20 gigs of information from wife's old USB 64 gigs Patriot to new 256 gigs SanDisk, AFTER 8 hours, Windows 10 Pro is indicating there's STILL more than a day to completion. The tower I'm using for the transfer is a Dell XPS 8900, Intel i-7, 6700, 4.02, with...
  7. Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup: Hi. I am trying to back my music library from my PC Win 10 and some times I am successful but other times I can copy the same files on to a bare USB drive and they only copy 50% or 60% then it freezes and tells me that there is a problem. I started with 485 songs but I have...
  8. 64 GiG SanDisk USB Flash Drive Cant Recover The Partition I have made

64 GiG SanDisk USB Flash Drive Cant Recover The Partition I have made: I have a 64 gig SanDisk USB flash drive and a Windows 10 operating system. About a month ago I partitioned into 2-32gig partitions. Now I want to restore it to its original 64 gig capacity for a recovery disk. I use a program called DiskGenius to do this, and indeed when I...
  9. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  10. USB Backup drive location

USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant backup to usb drive