Windows 10: Can't be joined by friends in games

Discus and support Can't be joined by friends in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having a rather annoying issue. It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon van Dalen, May 17, 2020.

1. Can't be joined by friends in games

I am having a rather annoying issue.

It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate!

For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that, invaders other players who want to harm you also never appear in my game. But my roommate is able to join my game!

Another example, a game called Raft has the same problem. I can join 2 of my friends, but when they try to join it just loads the UI of the game but for the rest it's a black screen and they can't do anything. haven't tried this one with my roommate cause he doesn't have this game

I have looked into:

- UPNP, which is working on the router and my pc.

- the svchost was blocked by Microsoft, but I have put it in the list of exceptions.

- After running sfc /scannow in CMD, it found some corrupt files. Those are supposedly fixed.

- Changing my IP to a dedicated one and opening NAT, this also didn't work

- Called Ziggo Internet provider to see if it might be an issue in the Router, tried some things but that didn't help either.

- Ran multiple antimalware programs and ran Windows Defender.

- Updated all the drivers.

- I currently have no other Antivirus program installed, just Windows Defender.

I am running out of ideas of what to do. Does anybody have any idea of what I could do?

:)

Simon van Dalen, May 17, 2020

2. Cant join friends in Arma 3

I realize that you are unable to join your friends to play a game. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which OS is installed on the Server?

• Which security software or firewall is installed on the Server?

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Is the issue specific to this game?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on this PC?
    Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 17, 2020
  3. Friend does NOT recive game invite (PC) (GoW4)

Hi Will,

We appreciate that you were able to perform some steps to resolve the issue. If you are experiencing issues with party chats on Windows 10, it can be caused by several reasons. It can be an issue with the profile and network settings on your end or the one
    who sends you an invite. Both of your settings should meet the requirements to join party chats on Xbox live.

We have solutions below that can help you resolve the issue. These troubleshooting steps should be done on your computer and your friend's computer. Before we start, please make sure to check your NAT Type first.

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Once you got the result, please refer to this
    link
    and perform the suggested solutions on your computer and your friend's computer. Follow the steps in order to get more accurate results.

We also recommend that you check your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox.com to ensure that your profiles are allowed to join multiplayer games and parties.

We will appreciate if you can update us the results so if these solutions won't work, we will find another way to resolve your concern.

Loraine Mon, May 17, 2020
  4. Quique_ Win User

Can't be joined by friends in games

Can't join xbox friends games.

I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world"

What should i do.

Quique_, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't be joined by friends in games

1. Can't be joined by friends in games - Similar Threads - Can't joined friends

2. Cannot join my friends minecraft game/server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot join my friends minecraft game/server.: Hello, can anyone help me resolve my problem with joining my friend's games? For about 3 months now me and my friend have been playing Minecraft with no issues. I'm on pc Windows 10 and she is playing on Nintendo switch. This problem did not occur until about the first of the...
  3. Cannot join my friends minecraft game/server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot join my friends minecraft game/server.: Hello, can anyone help me resolve my problem with joining my friend's games? For about 3 months now me and my friend have been playing Minecraft with no issues. I'm on pc Windows 10 and she is playing on Nintendo switch. This problem did not occur until about the first of the...
  4. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.: the game works perfectly but when a friend invites me via Microsoft the game starts to lag badly because of the ping. but when playing with random players and when I am the one to open a lobby everything works fine. when I invite him he has lags and when he invites me I have...
  5. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.: the game works perfectly but when a friend invites me via Microsoft the game starts to lag badly because of the ping. but when playing with random players and when I am the one to open a lobby everything works fine. when I invite him he has lags and when he invites me I have...
  6. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I can't join my friends realm on bedrock

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't join my friends realm on bedrock: For some reason whenever try to play my friends realm i can't. I did everything i could do but nothing worked. I even changed both of the club option and i could join multiplayer. Nothing worked. How can i fix this?...
  8. Can't join xbox friends games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join xbox friends games.: I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world" What should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-xbox-friends-games/fffe92ef-85b1-4678-b932-00c468c81a54
  9. I can't join to my friend's minecraft server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't join to my friend's minecraft server: My friend made a minecraft server and at first time after 20 minutes of trying I joined to his server, but now I can't join. We tried everything (he inveted me, i tried to join...) Our other friend can easily join to his server so the problem should be with me. After I try to...
  10. Cant join friend on minecraft.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant join friend on minecraft.: I have been having trouble joining my friend's world in Minecraft. We are using cross platform. I am using a nintendo switch and they are using windows 10. When I try to join their world, it says "connecting to multiplayer game" but is then followed by a message saying...