Windows 10: Can't beleieve it was in 1978 first real spreadsheet appeared

Discus and support Can't beleieve it was in 1978 first real spreadsheet appeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks messing about today with all the things EXCEL (/ other spreadsheets) can do I couldn't believe these things were developed as recently as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 22, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Can't beleieve it was in 1978 first real spreadsheet appeared

Hi folks

messing about today with all the things EXCEL (/ other spreadsheets) can do I couldn't believe these things were developed as recently as 1978 with a program called VisiCalc.

Today a lot of stuff would be utterly unthinkable without spreadsheets.

Anyway enjoy this little bit from the BBC.

How computing's first 'killer app' changed everything - BBC News

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 22, 2019

2. Partition Alignment Spreadsheet

Jason,

I have a suggestion. How about updating the spreadsheet to have a section "Proposed remedy"

What it would do is calculate how many bytes you have to move the partition forwards or backwards to achieve alignment. That way, we can just use the resulting data in a partition manager to fix it.

lemonadesoda, May 22, 2019
  3. Spreadsheet

I have downloaded windows 10 but I have file on spreadsheet from when I had windows 8 these will not now open. Any suggestions on how I can now open them?

Steve Cooper_711, May 22, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't beleieve it was in 1978 first real spreadsheet appeared :cool:

jmcslob, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't beleieve it was in 1978 first real spreadsheet appeared - Similar Threads - Can't beleieve was

2. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  3. The empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    The empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing: Why does the empty "Real Times" Folder keep on re-appearing in my Videos Folder on Windows 10? I keep on deleting this but it keeps on re-appearing. 135377
  4. Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format: I am still using the old Office XP (2002) software. My Windows 10 pc has the 'Compatability Pack for the 2007 Office system' installed. Looking in Default Programs, .xlsx is associated with 'Microsoft Open XML Converter'. when trying to save a spreadsheet, the Excel 2007...
  5. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  6. Can't open some excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some excel spreadsheets: I have Windows 10 and I recently installed Publisher onto my computer now I cannot open some spreadsheets. I don't get any type of error message they just won't open....
  7. Printing a spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a spreadsheet: I can print anything EXCEPT an EXCEL spreadsheet. Please help me print the spreadsheet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-spreadsheet/cd3f68eb-3bb0-4c5c-9988-5aae170554fc
  8. First real image of Microsoft Spartan browser revealed

in Windows 10 News
    First real image of Microsoft Spartan browser revealed: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 3467
  9. Telia, Ericsson and Intel First to Make 5G Real in Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Telia, Ericsson and Intel First to Make 5G Real in Europe: First Public 5G Live Network in Europe Shows Benefits of High-Speed, Fast-Response Connectivity to Consumers and Business EU Digital Summit – Tallinn, Estonia, Sept. 29, 2017 – Telia is deploying the first public 5G live network use cases in Europe in collaboration with...
  10. Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2: Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2 Friday’s release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14942 has provided us with our first real peek at new features and functionality coming in the next major release of this operating system. It’s due in Spring...