Windows 10: Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

Discus and support Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have accounts for each of my family members in Microsoft Family safety. I looked at recent activity for one of my children and I was allowed to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BMG, Mar 3, 2019.

1. BMG
    BMG Win User

Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

I have accounts for each of my family members in Microsoft Family safety. I looked at recent activity for one of my children and I was allowed to block the use of Google Chrome. However when I go to another child's account and look at recent activity, it says "Can't Block" next to all the apps listed. The reason given is "You may not be able to block certain apps that came with your Windows device." This clearly isn't the reason here since I am able to block it for a different child on the same computer. Looking at other response to questions about Microsoft Family I am not hopeful that I will get a meaningful answer from Microsoft but if you don't try you never find out.

:)

2. How to I add an application to "Blocked apps & games" section of Microsoft Account, Family tab

If you login to your Microsoft Family account and choose your Family member’s profile, under the
    ‘Content restrictions’ tab you will be able to see the list of current Application blocks and remove a block.

However, in order to block a specific application you must choose it from the Family member’s list of recent activity. Under the Family Member’s profile, choose
    'Activity', then scroll down to see the Apps and games section. Choose "Show all" and block the apps you need to block.

bonafidePaterFamilias, Mar 3, 2019
  3. How to I add an application to "Blocked apps & games" section of Microsoft Account, Family tab

If you login to your Microsoft Family account and choose your Family member’s profile, under the ‘Content restrictions’ tab you will be able to see the list of current Application blocks and remove a block. However, in order to block
    a specific application you must choose it from the Family member’s list of recent activity. Under the Family Member’s profile, choose
    Activity, then scroll down to see the Apps and games section. Choose Show all and block the apps you need to block.

bonafidePaterFamilias, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family will not block Facebook

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The current design of Family Safety web filtering is to block the exact name of the website that you added to your blocked list and it doesn't matter if they use http or https when accessing the website as long as the name of the
    website is listed it will still be blocked by Family Safety.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1) Have you tried accessing the blocked website using either of these parameters http:// or https:// and see some difference?

2) Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

3) If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (Microsoft account | Your family
    ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

1. Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Can't Block Applications

2. Microsoft family block after leaving family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  3. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  4. Microsoft family blocks roblox

Microsoft family blocks roblox: Hello, I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I set app limits. Then I want to allow her to use roblox for an hour. I allowed all the websites roblox uses, and removed the...
  5. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  6. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  7. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  8. Microsoft Family Blocking Apps

Microsoft Family Blocking Apps: I am no longer able to block an app on my childs account. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong - try again in a little while". How can I get around this and block the app?...
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft family is blocking installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family is blocking installation: I want to install the software but when I click on the setup.exe I get a message ‘Ask for permission. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher’. I am adult and the administrator but cannot install the software....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft laucher familiy cant block apps