Windows 10: Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.

Discus and support Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I deleted an old Intel WINDOWSXP raid 1 mirror and the system would not boot. I tried fixboot “access denied” . All hard drives removed. I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brezzzzy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Brezzzzy Win User

Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.

I deleted an old Intel WINDOWSXP raid 1 mirror and the system would not boot. I tried fixboot “access denied” . All hard drives removed. I used the procedure to use fixboot but the problem was not the same as indicated. My boot is volume 1 but as’”E”. Volume 3 is” C” which is an empty partition labeled WINDOWSXP which will not be used. Now how do I get my system back? Can I change “C” to I and do fixboot? Or can I also change “E” to “C” and do a fixboot?

Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror. [​IMG]

:)

Brezzzzy, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Ethan Z. Win User

Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management
    Console is not up to date. It suggested I refresh it, relaunch it, or even restart my computer. I tried all three things, and it still wouldn't let me mirror the partition. Then I realized that maybe Windows won't let me create a RAID 1 Array on USB Drives,
    so I went to the original plan I was going to do and grabbed my 500GB External HDD and my 120GB External SSD (they are both USB 3.0 connected enclosures) and when I tried to mirror a partition on my 500GB HDD using my SSD, it wouldn't let me use the SSD to
    mirror it. So then I tried using my internal windows 10 SSD to mirror my HDD. But, I needed to shrink my main partition on my internal SSD and it wouldn't let me shrink it saying there was a certain amount I could shrink it to, but I could only shrink 135MB
    at max and I have 89.4GB free on that partition. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated (and by the way, if you're wondering why I'm trying to run RAID 1 on an external HDD/SSD is just for testing and more file redundancy and performance).

Ethan Z., Jul 17, 2019
  3. akkha Win User
    Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Solved

I don't use software raid 1 anymore. Instead setup Storage Spaces (Two-way mirror)

akkha, Jul 17, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Hi there

I believe to use mirror / striping in RAID 1 configuration on Windows you need to use Storage spaces - so set the 2 HDD's into a storage space and then you can adjust striping / mirroring.

How to set up RAID in Windows 10 - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror. - Similar Threads - Can't boot deleting

2. Windows 10 File Explorer is slow to launch after adding RAID 1 Mirror

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer is slow to launch after adding RAID 1 Mirror: Hi Symptom ; File Explorer launch delayed by about 20 seconds, icon non responding to clicks, then a bunch of instances of file explorer launch all at once. Possible Fix; I searched the web for a solution and found an article about Windows Search causing the problem....
  3. Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array: Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management Console is not up to...
  4. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  5. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  6. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  7. Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !: I can't Add Mirror to Disk 1 (from Disk 2)! [img] Windows 10 popup the following message. [img] What should I do . I don't want to buy a new HDD. My OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 x64 Thanks in advance 83276
  8. New RAID disk after crash: how to check if the data is mirrored

New RAID disk after crash: how to check if the data is mirrored: Hey everyone, I'm new here so pardon any rookie mistakes. I've searched the forum carefully, but couldn't find the answer. Situation: RAID with two 4tb hdds, one hdd crashed just after 6 months of working. Replaced with a new one today. Question: how to check if the...
  9. Can't boot to Windows 10 after changing SATA mode and RAID

Can't boot to Windows 10 after changing SATA mode and RAID: So at first, I was trying to resolve an issue with my BD-ROM drive described here: XPS 8700 - BD-ROM (HL-DT-ST DVDRW/BDROM CH20N) Not Recognized Windows 10 - Disk Drives (HDD, CD/DVD, Blu-ray) Forum - Disk Drives - Dell Community However, when attempting to try different...
  10. Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?: Hello ! Currently, I have dual boot Win7 and Win10. And the only reason I have Win7 is because the drivers for a printer were not updated to Win10. Now recently HP did just that, and I no longer need Win7. The way I have it set up is that I have Win7 on one partition,...