Windows 10: Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

Discus and support Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am frustrated and here is what I did (any help is appreciated) : My company's laptop has only HDD drive and it has Windows 10 Enterprise and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eng_MsMs, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

Hi,

I am frustrated and here is what I did (any help is appreciated) :

My company's laptop has only HDD drive and it has Windows 10 Enterprise and i don't have admin privileges + it has BittLocker.

I got my self a temporary nvme drive and plugged it into an empty nvme port, installed windows via usb creation tool (WITHOUT REMOVING THE HDD BECAUSE IM THAT SMART) and I can now dual boot as long as both drives plugged in.

When I remove the nvme drive, the HDD (which has win enterprise) spits out error 0xc000000e and won't boot.

When I replug the nvme, it boots fine if I choose it from the dual boot menu.

I tried: - Macrium rescue tool with only HDD installed and didn't work - Startup Repair from windows creation tool via repair PC option and no luck.

Any help?

submitted by /u/Eng_MsMs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eng_MsMs, Mar 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

Can't boot up win Windows 7! Halp!

I never got to any options or install screen or anything, it was just "loading windows files" and then the screen. I tried it 3 times, went through those steps all 3 times. I've only been booting from the disc, it's not installed to boot from the drive.

Soylent Joe, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

1. Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive - Similar Threads - Can't boot installing

2. Can't boot into main drive after installing Windows on another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into main drive after installing Windows on another drive: Hi friends. I am a new member. Thanks for accepting me into the Forum. Yesterday, my HP G61 laptop's HDD finally crashed. I was getting unmountable boot volume error about a year ago, which I fixed by clean installing Win 10. It was ok till yesterday, when the system stopped...
  3. Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive

Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive: Hi I currently have a 1Tb HDD, partitioned into ‘C’ one-third and ‘D’two-thirds. ‘C’ is Windows 10 and apps, ‘D’ is data docs, spreadsheets, music…. I have a spare 240Gb SSD 2.5 inch which I’d like to useas the boot drive, with the aim of making Windows 10 start quicker,...
  4. Windows 8.1 doesn't boot anymore after Windows 10 installation on 2nd drive

Windows 8.1 doesn't boot anymore after Windows 10 installation on 2nd drive: I have Windows 8.1 on one drive. I install Windows 10 on a second physical drive. Then the computer always boots into Win10. "Ok", I think, before he would always ask which Windows version to boot before, Windows 8.1 was installed on that second drive. I put the Windows...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD: Hello, So i have an MSI B450M Mortar Max mobo with a Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD, and i want to add an external 2TB HDD. But when i plug it in and try to start the pc it wont go past the boot logo. If i unplug it and plug it in while the pc is on it shows up as a normal HDD...
  6. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive: When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios...
  7. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive: When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios...
  8. New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected: I have a Dell desktop Core i5 PC about 3-4 years old with 2 SATA drives and 2 DVD RW drives. I had the boot drive (a Samsung EVO850 250Gb SSD) partitioned into two drives, C 150Gb and D about 85Gb. The other HD is a Seagate 2TB which is partitioned into 4 drives, E, 700Gb, F,...
  9. No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive: Hey all, It's an age old story, probably.. I was running Win7. Had a crash that munged me being able to boot and I have never had success creating a repair disk for 7 with USB3 drivers (I'm on Z170 chipset). So I decided I should finally jump into Win10 as I reserved...
  10. Can't boot into main drive after installing Windows on another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into main drive after installing Windows on another drive: Hi guys, So I'm no longer able to boot into my main drive, but all my files and folders on that drive still look intact. I honestly don't know what went wrong or if there is any way to fix this other than reinstalling Windows. Tried startup repair on my Windows 10...