Windows 10: Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

Discus and support Can't boot after reinstall of Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by woldsweather, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro

It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates etc, but if I resart it hangs on the 4 blue windo panes and rotating white dots.

I am installing to a 125GB SSD which I reformatted first.

:)

woldsweather, Nov 14, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Nov 14, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

1. Can't boot after reinstall of Windows - Similar Threads - Can't boot reinstall

2. Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows: HelloI reset windows using the troubleshooting tools available at boot due to some prior issues, however since I reset windows with the option to keep previous data I am now unable to boot into it. When I turn on my PC it shows an option to enter BIOS, a black screen, and...
  3. Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows: HelloI reset windows using the troubleshooting tools available at boot due to some prior issues, however since I reset windows with the option to keep previous data I am now unable to boot into it. When I turn on my PC it shows an option to enter BIOS, a black screen, and...
  4. Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.: So I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. The problem is I can't get my computer to boot up using the USB instead of the main hard drive. I tried changing the boot mode in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI with...
  6. Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?: So long story short I bought a new SDD and then tried to copy some pictures and files from the old HDD. I don't really know what happened along the way but I must've messed with some security settings and lost access to my HDD. Now I gained back access to it, says those...
  7. Windows not booting up after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting up after reinstall: I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it. Now the issue is that it doesn't start up after the whole setup thing where it asks for your name and other settings. It's...
  8. Can't activate window after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate window after reinstalling: I have a dell xps15 9560 that won't activate after recovering the os. I tried the troubleshooter and get this: "c:\Windows\system32\pkeyhelper.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains errors. Try installing the program, again using the original installation...
  9. Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it: This is going to be a bit long, but I want to give details of the issue. Since I was forced to install the latest November update about five days ago, my PC has been slower than usual, taking a few seconds to open notepad, folders or any file, really. Local music playback...
  10. Windows wont boot after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont boot after reinstall: I have reinstalled windows 10 6 times but each time it wont boot. It ahngs on a page with 4 pales blue window panes anda rotating circle of dots. Once it did boot and I spent hours setting it up as I wanted it but same again after a restart. Hardware diagnostics all say...