Windows 10: Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

Discus and support Cant boot after trying to replace gpu. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all hopefully you can be of assistance. I bought a new/used rx480 to replace my 1060 3gb. I swapped out the hardware and since then I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrazyThugNutzz, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

Hey all hopefully you can be of assistance.

I bought a new/used rx480 to replace my 1060 3gb.

I swapped out the hardware and since then I have not been able to get past my bios screen.

For awhile I was getting the diagnosing your pc screen that would sit for ages. I figured it's probably a windows problem so I have now removed my 960 eco and my 2tb wd black drive and am trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 on my Seagate 1tb hdd. I keep getting past the bios screen to a black screen that doesnt change. Any advice? I have alot of hardware that I bought for a new build but I cant be 100 percent sure of what works because I didnt get a chance to test anything.

Ps when I was installing my gpu I did hear an extra click after I thought I had the card seated and thought " oh **** what was that?" Hopefully I didnt break anything?

My hardware currently

Gtx 1060 3gb

Ryzen 5 2600

Seagate barracuda 1tb

16 gb patriot signature ddr4

Gigabyte ab350-gaming

Thermaltake 500 watt smart series

:)

CrazyThugNutzz, Jan 6, 2020
  2. TomWoB Win User

LogViewer for GPU-Z available !

I tried Nvidia Inspector (which is very close to GPU-Z), but it logs with a different column delimiter. With the following steps you can "convert" a Nvidia Inspector logfile into a GPU-Z logfile:

• open Nvidia Inspector logfile (typically "NVIDIA_Inspector-MonitoringLog_....csv") in a good text-editor (UltraEdit ,...)
    • find/replace column delimiter: find all semicolon ';' and replace them with comma ',' (in a good text editor you can do this in one step "replace all")
    • save changed logfile with extension ".txt"
    Now you can open the saved logfile as a "GPU-Z logfile" !

TomWoB, Jan 6, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

1. Cant boot after trying to replace gpu. - Similar Threads - Cant boot trying

2. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  3. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  4. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trying to update gpu after unistalling it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to update gpu after unistalling it: so when i try to update the gpu it tells me windows found drivers but encountered an error while attempting to install them pls i really need help this is what i get...
  6. PC won’t boot after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won’t boot after SSD replaced: Lenovo Yoga 11S, - installed a replacement SSD, “Information” tab on BIOS shows SSD 128G but “Boot” tab doesn’t show SSD drive. Mode = UEFI, Fast Boot = Disabled, USB Boot = Enabled...
  7. Abnormal GPU usage after replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Abnormal GPU usage after replacing motherboard: Yesterday I rebuilt my pc and replaced a few parts like my CPU, mobo and RAM. After rebooting my pc, I tried playing a game tried other games and noticed that my GPU was using 60-100% util. For these games it's normally around 40 at most. Sometimes even at just 20%. Its...
  8. A replacement (new) GPU for $500

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A replacement (new) GPU for $500: What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using. Games (in no real specific order): DOOM (2016)/eternal /newer wolfensteins Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind (all heavily modded) /other Baldur's Gate 3 The...
  9. Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install: I put a new samsung 970 pro mvme ssd into my laptop with a windows 10 usb drive, it recognized the drive and copied files, but at restart it booted back into the USB I removed it and it just keeps booting to the bios, i have secure boot off and csm enabled I cant delete boot...
  10. Need to replace cpu and gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need to replace cpu and gpu: I have a AMD-A20-5800k APU processor. This is a cpu and gpu in one. I need to upgrade so to do that would I need to just remove this processor and add a new gpu/cpu? Thanks for all help