Windows 10: Can't boot after update gone wrong

Discus and support Can't boot after update gone wrong in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus Zenbook 14 updated yesterday but the update got stuck at 80% for a long enough time for me to decide force turn off computer. I know it's bound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Reneval, May 18, 2021.

1. Reneval Win User

Can't boot after update gone wrong

My Asus Zenbook 14 updated yesterday but the update got stuck at 80% for a long enough time for me to decide force turn off computer. I know it's bound to bring problems but what options did I have? Now, can't boot win 10 even in safe mode. Can't undo update, can't rewind win to default settings, no luck with win 10 installation media via USB. Tried everything except hard reset to factory settings without saving the files and applications tried with the other option of saving those, didn't work. So pretty much everything in WinRE.. Anyone else having similar problems? Is there anything

:)

Reneval, May 18, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 18, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 18, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't boot after update gone wrong - Similar Threads - Can't boot update

2. Can't boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot after update: Last night I tried to update my PC. I selected "update and shut down" and left the computer. When I returned much later it appeared frozen so I turned the PC off.The PC is now unable to boot and stuck on the below screen.By restarting I can force the PC to enter automatic...
  3. Update gone wrong, please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update gone wrong, please help: I updated my laptop, but the update only seemed to mess up my laptop rather than improve it, now I've opened Windows update page on the settings, and it takes forever to open, is there anything I could click or do that would undo the damages, there is this optional update...
  4. Mobifi gone wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobifi gone wrong: I have a mobile wifi. When I connect it to computer, it is getting recognized as a cd drive. Can somebody please explain Step by step what I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobifi-gone-wrong/1f16ba47-b243-4fb0-8029-7219319defec
  5. Update Gone Wrong

Update Gone Wrong: On Saturday, I woke up to all of my files deleted, or at least I thought. I took my computer into the Geek Squad, where they informed me that MS had an update and it sent all of my files to the recycle bin! I was able to restore my files, but I have lost the ability to open...
  6. Windows 10 Update Gone Wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Gone Wrong?: Hello all! Recently I decided to finally crack open the used windows 7 thinkpad I bought sometime ago. Once I did I immediately ran into constant issues and so I decided to delete everything except for my personal files. I then proceeded to download the media tool off...
  7. Recent Update gone wrong

Recent Update gone wrong: So, I have recently downloaded the newest Update and it was constantly popping up in the Action Center asking for installation and I decided to install it and left it to do its' job as usual. The PC booted up fine after the update but I noticed some programs were that were on...
  8. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: I have a Toshiba laptop and i went to update it and it is now stuck in a loop of the welcome Toshiba screen with a loading circle then it says ''attempting to recover installation undoing changes made to your computer'' can someone help please, thank you....
  9. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: Why did my settings get messed up when I updated to windows format 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-gone-wrong/903608e0-f88e-462e-bb8c-19bfa1b4d220
  10. windows creator update gone wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows creator update gone wrong: Hi there, my machine just tried to install the update to windows 10 creator, the update seemed to go ok but when the update was done and the machine re started all went well right up to the login page entered my password and then the screen went blank, started up task manager...