Windows 10: Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

Discus and support Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran out of hard drive space during an operation, so erased some personal files, and tried to re-boot, but it gets stuck a second after those circular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimlau, Jun 23, 2017.

1. jimlau Win User

Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

I ran out of hard drive space during an operation, so erased some personal files, and tried to re-boot, but it gets stuck a second after those circular dots start to rotate.

I can't get to booting in safe mode either. Tried assigning the boot mode to legacy so I can use the F8 key, but no luck.

When I get to repair attempts they fail.

I have a boot USB drive with my Windows 10 on it. I tried that to get to safe mode, but the Start Up Settings tab is replaced with "UEFI Firmware Setting."

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.

:)

jimlau, Jun 23, 2017

2. Selecting safe mode on msconfig.exe boot option, unable to log-in to the system error password is incorrect

I used msconfig.exe to boot to safe mode in Windows 10.

Windows boots, and then comes to the password prompt. When I enter the password, it says the password is incorrect.

However this is the password I use every day to log into my computer...

Now I can't access Windows. It also will not boot normal, it only boots to safe mode, and password prompt.

How can I access windows?

Original title :safe mode

FrankMcGlynn1984, Jun 23, 2017
  3. TheJosh89 Win User
    Help, I'm locked out in safe mode.

Stuck in safe mode boot.

Can't change password to log in because of lack of Internet access.

Now what?

TheJosh89, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

Hi jimlau.

If you want to get to safe mode start your machine, when you see the dots press and hold power button until it shuts down. When it shuts off power on again and when you see the dots, hold power button until it powers off. Power on again and it should take you to the advance Startup.

From there you could try a restore. Here is our tutorial.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 23, 2017
  5. jimlau Win User
    I tried that, but it gets me to the same place - the Start Up Settings tab is replaced with "UEFI Firmware Setting."

Is it a lost cause?

jimlau, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Did you restore your BIOS setting. You had said you went in and changed to legacy so you could use F8. Set that back to what is was and retry, please.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

1. Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot) - Similar Threads - Can't Boot Access

2. safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    safe boot: HiWhat happens if I check safe boot?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot/a33b38d0-2b5a-4f80-a7d6-0e7e8c31d555
  3. Can't boot into safe mood

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into safe mood: My windows can't start normally and i cant go into safe mood throw any f bottom Trying the method when u cut powerAnd press and hold the power bottom to rstart the pc yet that method isn't working...
  4. Can't boot into safe mood

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot into safe mood: My windows can't start normally and i cant go into safe mood throw any f bottom Trying the method when u cut powerAnd press and hold the power bottom to rstart the pc yet that method isn't working...
  5. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  6. Can't selcet boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't selcet boot into safe mode: I am trying to start my computer in safe mode, but when I get the window to select it, my keyboard isn't registering the input. I have used a wireless keyboard and a wired one. I'm on the latest windows update....
  7. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  8. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  9. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...