Windows 10: Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have the following problem: I've created a live persistence bootable usb with kali Linux that works fine on a number of computers, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by inubyvtc, Aug 15, 2016.

1. inubyvtc Win User

Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10

Hey guys, I have the following problem: I've created a live persistence bootable usb with kali Linux that works fine on a number of computers, but when I try to boot on my Asus X551M laptop which has Windows 10, it goes in "Preparing automatic repair" and doesn't even try to boot from usb *Sad What shoud I do? Thanks! *Rolleyes

:)

inubyvtc, Aug 15, 2016
  2. Rob Bote Win User

Windows 10 constant BSOD/GSOD and reboots. Unable to boot from CD. Error in "Page fault in nonpaged area" in volsnap.sys.

I did enter the BIOS and change the boot order to CD, USB, then HD. I still could not boot from the CD or USB.

F8 doesn't seem to work like in the ole days. Using F12 I was able to tell it to boot from CD, but still got a BSOD.

Since I can't login, I can't run any utilities, set Windows to boot into Safe Mode, update Windows/drivers, or do anything.

Rob Bote, Aug 15, 2016
  3. lisasdo Win User
    Frozen keyboard layout screen after getting dpc_watchdog_violation -Windows 10

Windows 10 keyboard layout screen is frozen. Don't have access to command prompt. Don't have access to safe mode. System seems to not recognize USB drives. Tried to boot Windows Media Tool from USB. System doesn't seem to recognize USB slots. Tried to
    boot Windows Media Tool from CD/DVD drive. System doesn't seem to recognize CD/DVD drive. Tried using USB connected keyboard. Keyboard recognized and usable under system boot menu. Have searched for solution online and can't seem to find anything. Help!!

lisasdo, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Try disabling secure boot in BIOS setup.

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't boot anything

2. Can't boot from USB, returns to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot from USB, returns to Windows 10: So I want to boot from a bootable usb and install linux. But everytime I boot from the selected USB it just restarts and returns to windows 10 again. I tried most things like chaning MBR to GPT, checked that the USB is FAT32, made sure secure boot is disabled, even tried...
  3. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  4. Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD: Hi all, I currently have the "Your PC needs to be repaired" error so I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 completely. I used Microsoft's bootable media to create both a bootable USB and DVD (I also tried using Rufus to format it) but both don't seem to boot properly. When I...
  5. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  7. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  8. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot from USB: I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ? 53114
  9. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI

Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI: Hello! I have my laptop since last december (less than a year), and for unknown reasons, I got a BSOD a few weeks ago and none of the available recovery tools managed to bring me back to my desktop; not even a refresh. That's when I promised myself that I would never ever...
  10. I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB

I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB: Hi, so basically few weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my PC, before Ubuntu I had Window 10, I ran Ubuntu installer and chose option to delete everything from my hard disk and install Ubuntu 16.04. Now I see what a mistake I made and I want to get back to Windows 10. I...