Windows 10: Can't boot even from USB

Discus and support Can't boot even from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To give some background, I was using computer to watch YouTube and suddenly it just rebooted (Like i had clicked the reset button). After it restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FreakTearz, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Can't boot even from USB

To give some background, I was using computer to watch YouTube and suddenly it just rebooted (Like i had clicked the reset button). After it restarted i was able to log in and reopen opera to return back to my video. I left it on auto play and walked away to grab a drink and food. Got back and started a new search for different videos. Computer suddenly reset again like before. This time I'm really annoyed. I get my BIOS splash screen and then a windows dots circle loading bar that goes around 2 loops then computer resets again. this repeats indefinitely. So i search around and try to get into advanced options as to follow sfc and other cmd prompt commands, failed. I cant even get to that point. so i remove my OS SSD and connect it to an old computer thats still running windows 7. was able to completely wipe hardrive and reinstal into my computer. now i cant even get the windows usb (retail copy from store and windows media creation tool versions) to load into options to install windows agian. so i use old computer to run usb and install windows 10. it works and i wait for entire setup to finish and make sure that the efi file is in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\System32\Boot prior to turning off. placed into my computer again and, nothing. i can get the usb to load now but it only shows the 64 bit, 32 bit and memory diagnostic options. 64bit loads full bar and restarts to a loop back to the usb menu. 32 loads and shows crash screen as described in other forum linked below. memory diagnostic comes up with nothing after running for over 8 hours its still going. i have also tried another ssd but even with only that one pluged in i cant get past the usb issues. same thing happens when i use no hardrives at all (only usb). only thing i have yet to try in finding a previous windows (7 or 8) and try that. ps i have tried both uefi + legacy and uefi setting in bios. pps windows version from media creation tool is 1909 i think. ppps in currently downloading iso from windows media tool for rufus as others have said they had luck with it.
    (Fail to boot: winload.efi missing; error 0xc0000359)
    This thread states exactly whats currently happening now.

:)

FreakTearz, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Can't boot even from USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Dec 29, 2019
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Dec 29, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Can't boot even from USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't boot even from USB

1. Can't boot even from USB - Similar Threads - Can't boot USB

2. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  3. Can't Boot From USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot From USB Drive: I have an older Dell XPS l1521x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10. I used Microsoft's Creation Tool to make the usb stick, but when I plug it in and reboot it just goes into Windows. So I went into the bios A18 and saw secure boot was enabled. From reading some...
  4. I can't boot from usb

I can't boot from usb: So I updated to the newest windows about a month ago and the update failed and now none of my windows apps work. They all say they aren't connected to the internet and give an error code. I went to reset my computer and I couldn't because I had recently made the mistake of...
  5. Can't boot from USB stick

Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  6. Can't boot USB

Can't boot USB: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  7. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  8. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot from USB: I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ? 53114
  9. Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive: Hi, the other day I was greeted with blue screen that "a required device is not connected" and the PC wont boot. I tried EasyBCD but it did not work and stuck on some ATA error loop. But after that I got a new blue screen and this time "The Boot Configuration Data file...
  10. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...