Windows 10: Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

Discus and support Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pvivekm, Oct 8, 2020.

1. pvivekm Win User

Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work
    2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free
    3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk.
    4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media Creation Tool and booted from it.
    5. Tried fixing boot record BCDEdit, Bootrec, etc but boot process still fails with BSOD 0xC0000135
    6. Now trying to repair Windows installation using DISM but DISM fails with error0x800F081F
    Dism /image:C:\ /WinDir:Windows /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\sources\install.wim:1

Disk: UEFI based partitions

DISM Log: DISM Log

Appreciate your help

:)

pvivekm, Oct 8, 2020

2. Cloning a Hard Disk

Hi Dav,

Cloning a hard drive is way of transferring data from one hard disk to another drive to make the destination disk contain exactly the same data. You may also find additional information in this
    article.

For an in-depth assistance on how to proceed with the process, we suggest that you post your query/concern on the
    TechNet forum. This forum is a
    community that is mainly composed of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Oct 8, 2020
  3. lost_gnu Win User
    Replacing an existing Hard Disk by cloning

Go back to the previous operating system? That's going to be tough because I deleted all my Win7 files and backup folder after using Win10 for 2 months.

The suggestions in the link provided don't really help me much, either. I have gone online to look for a solution and almost everyone seems to have cloned their hard disk and 'swapped' the old HD with the cloned HD and moved on with their life as if it's
    not such a big deal.

I checked several cloning software and decided to go with EaseUS because

1. it was free and

2. it claimed I could just clone and have my system up and running without the need to install everything again.

After deleting unnecessary files and uninstalling older programmes, I got my Used Space down to 215Gb from 410Gb and cloned the drive, using EaseUS, which took about two hours. However, after switching the old HD with the new one, when I booted up, I got
    the same message my friend got: Boot image not found. Insert boot disk.

I don't think it can be as complicated as I think. I just want to copy everything from my old hard disk to the new one, remove the old disk and put in the new one and continue using my laptop without having to install the OS, MSOffice and other software
    all over again.

If someone can tell me how to do that, without saying fancy stuff like "create a boot disk, change boot sequence at startup, update BIOS, etc" I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

lost_gnu, Oct 8, 2020
  4. adcx64 Win User

Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a bootable software I can burn on a disk to fully clone a hard drive. I have a 500 GB drive with two partitions and I want to clone both to a 160 GB drive so I can use the 500 in a different computer. I need the 160 to be bootable as it would become the new boot drive in the computer.

adcx64, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Can't boot cloned

2. Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD: I cloned my OS and data from an old ssd to a new one using minitool partition wizard. Once done, I shut down my computer and made sure the only drive connected was the clone SSD. I turned on my pc and it doesn't get past the no logo loading dots, it just keeps doing...
  3. Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD: I cloned my OS and data from an old ssd to a new one using minitool partition wizard. Once done, I shut down my computer and made sure the only drive connected was the clone SSD. I turned on my pc and it doesn't get past the no logo loading dots, it just keeps doing...
  4. Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Another Clone can't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another Clone can't boot: Hey guys, So I successfuly cloned a normal 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD which I want to use as a default bootable drive, but the DELL laptop I am using, can't boot from it, if it's the only drive in use. This is how it looks, what am I doing wrong? Disk 0 is the new SSD Disk 1...
  6. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk DISM fails with error 0x800F081F

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk DISM fails with error 0x800F081F: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  7. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.: I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD). The saved images work perfectly with respect to recovering the C drive. However, I decided to test booting from the cloned D...
  8. Can't boot from newly cloned SSD drive

Can't boot from newly cloned SSD drive: Hello, I'm attempting to upgrade my Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC from an HDD to an SSD, both 1TB in size. My goal is to have my SSD as my main boot drive and my HDD as a storage drive for my exceptionally large media files. I've already cloned my original hard drive using...
  9. Cloned Disk will not boot !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned Disk will not boot !!: Hi everyone I have been given two brand new SATA 2TB disks. One I have used in a hard disk dock - and have used this for additional data back up etc. Works OK The other I decided to use to replace my noisy C Drive. I cloned the disk to the new one, only to find that the...
  10. Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone): I've a 2TB Toshiba HDD and recently purchased a 480GB PNY SSD. I would like to migrate all the data the HDD contains to the SSD, use the SSD as my main drive and just dump movies, photos etc. to the HDD later. Since I've only about 300GB on the HDD, I wanted to a direct...