Windows 10: Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

Discus and support Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FaraazAhamed, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from USB and reports the hard disk error 3F0 Note: When "Legacy Support" is disabled in BIOS, the F9 boot screen shows no entriesI tried Rufus with GPT partition and windows media creation tool as well. My question is how can I get the laptop to boot in GPT mode from USB to allow me to install windows with GPT partition

:)

FaraazAhamed, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Mar 3, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User

He is talking about completely disabling the UEFI boot path, you can not do that on a UEFI BIOS.

Enabling CSM just adds the legacy boot path, it does not disable the UEFI path. He is not talking about just enabling the legacy path and installing Windows in BIOS mode. He wants to completely disable the UEFI boot path from within the BIOS, you can not do that. Even if Windows and Linux is installed using the legacy path, the UEFI path will still be active.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

There is literally not something UEFI allows. If those options do exist they likely just disable all the boot options under the UEFI boot section, but you can't entirely disable UEFI booting.

If you really must, just disable every option under the UEFI section in the BIOS.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

1. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled - Similar Threads - Can't Boot UEFI

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...
  5. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...
  6. My Secure Boot is Unsupported even when Legacy Boot is disable and the boot is UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Secure Boot is Unsupported even when Legacy Boot is disable and the boot is UEFI: Hi, im having a proplem about Secure Boot, six days ago the secure boot state said it is ON, then, today when i'm trying to install windows 11 Only for insider this happen.yes, my BIOS Mode is UEFI not legacy, legacy boot not turn on.And if you have a link to upgrade my BIOS,...
  7. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  8. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  9. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  10. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI: HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed...