Windows 10: Can’t boot in Uefi mode

Discus and support Can’t boot in Uefi mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just built a new pc and everything works great, as long as I select CSM in the bios. However, if I try to boot with UEFI, it boots straight to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ngtoaster, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Can’t boot in Uefi mode

I just built a new pc and everything works great, as long as I select CSM in the bios. However, if I try to boot with UEFI, it boots straight to the bios. I have windows 10 pro installed on a sata ssd. Any suggestions?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXYtNP

submitted by /u/ngtoaster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ngtoaster, Jan 5, 2021
  2. gupsterg Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

Yep, UEFI mode with Win 10 loading I get the Asus logo.

IIRC there maybe an option within motherboard UEFI to disable the Asus logo but not looked into it. On another forum I have read that what logo you get at Win 10 loading is the easiest way to know what bios mode OS is in.

If system is booting in legacy mode - you get Windows Logo.
    If system is booting in UEFI mode - you get OEM logo.

Above also applies to Win 8 but not Win 7.

gupsterg, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Can’t boot in Uefi mode IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Can’t boot in Uefi mode

Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode

Hi

I’ve been reading articles in this community and others the last couple of days and I’m getting more and more confused.

I have made my first build with the following equipment:

Asus Prime Z370-P (Bios version 1002x64, firmware 11.8.50.3470)

Intel Core i5 8400 2,8GHz

Samsung 860 EVO Series MZ-76E250B 250GB

and other..

I purchased a Windows 10 Home Eng Retail licence on USB directly from Microsoft.

When installing Win 10 it always ends up being installed in Legacy BIOS mode.

First time, I only followed the instructions on screed and had a successful installation, but in Legacy Bios mode.

The second time I made the following change the UEFI:

Boot\Secure boot\OS type = Windows UEFI mode

Installation was still being made in Legacy Bios mode.

Third time

Boot\Secure boot\OS type = Windows UEFI mode

When Win 10 installation started I entered the cmd prompt and made the following commands in order to change to gpt

Diskpart

List disk

Select disk 0

convert gpt

Exit

I then continued with Windows installation which still ended up in Legacy Bios mode.

I’m getting crazy and I don’t know what I’m going to do : (

What do I need to change in the UEFI?

What do I need to do to prepare the disk for UEFI mode?

Is my purchased Windows 10 USB key prepared for UEFI mode?

Can someone describe, step by step what I need to do?

Magnus_975, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Can’t boot in Uefi mode

1. Can’t boot in Uefi mode - Similar Threads - Can’t boot Uefi

2. Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode: Hello, I keep getting the error that the boot device is not found. It sort of comes and goes and if I restart the laptop a few times it sometimes goes away. I scanned an repaired the disk and it still happens and ran all possible hardware tests and nothing was found. Changing...
  3. Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode: Hello, I keep getting the error that the boot device is not found. It sort of comes and goes and if I restart the laptop a few times it sometimes goes away. I scanned an repaired the disk and it still happens and ran all possible hardware tests and nothing was found. Changing...
  4. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  5. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  6. UEFI Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Boot Mode: A year or so ago, I had a software kaboom in my Dell All in 1. It required that I switch to legacy boot mode, and then restart in Safe mode to get it going again. I have, some time ago tried to get UEFI boot mode back on but it did not work. Now I see the Win 11 will require...
  7. UEFI Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  8. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  9. The P.C. boots into UEFI mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The P.C. boots into UEFI mode.: I had used Rufus tool to create a bootable disk (target system is Legacy mode) and my motherboard setting is set to automatic (which means the boot mode depends on the bootable disk). But every time the system had boot into UEFI mode. I know that there're not enough category...
  10. Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable: Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I updated again my profile with Belarc to assure i have a completed list of my software, i notice this Boot mode uefi with secure...