Windows 10: Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10

Discus and support Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 versions of windows on separate hard disks I rebooted last night for a windows update on my pro installation IT goes through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jfr4lyfe, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10

Hi,

I have 2 versions of windows on separate hard disks

I rebooted last night for a windows update on my pro installation

IT goes through the motions but when it would usually bring the login page it then gives me the system error collecting information smiley

I can't get passed this and windows system repair can't fix it/doesn't give me any options of what we can fix

So I tried booting up my other installation (selecting from the bios, this isn't configured as a dual boot)

The windows logo with the spinning circle appears, it then goes to a black screen with a spinning circle and won't get passed this

I'm guessing a hardware error of some sort but seems strange it occurred trying to run a disk repair after windows update and happens on both disks (neither of which the system tried to repair, it was repairing a USB drive)

I'm a bit stuck with this. Are there any newer alternatives to hirens boot CD or what would you suggest I try next

submitted by /u/jfr4lyfe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jfr4lyfe, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

What is the best way to set up a dual boot of Windows 7 and 10 after a fresh install of Windows 10

Windows 7 and 10 hate each other, I had dual boot W7/10 and they just want to repair each other all the time which ends up screwing the install and then refuses to boot. You have to install W7 first I think then Windows 10, you cant do it the other way around. This was on 2 separate HDDs

Melvis, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10

1. Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't boot separate

2. Nothing is accessible! 2 Separate Windows 11 Installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing is accessible! 2 Separate Windows 11 Installations: So.. I recently had a virus infect my main OS Windows 11, it hijacked the hosts file, made some executables, etc. Anyway, I wasn't able to fully remedy this so I decided to migrate to a fresh installation of Windows 11, on the same pc, on another SSD. Everything went fine,...
  3. Nothing is accessible! 2 Separate Windows 11 Installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing is accessible! 2 Separate Windows 11 Installations: So.. I recently had a virus infect my main OS Windows 11, it hijacked the hosts file, made some executables, etc. Anyway, I wasn't able to fully remedy this so I decided to migrate to a fresh installation of Windows 11, on the same pc, on another SSD. Everything went fine,...
  4. Why can't windows install it's boot files and registry on a separate space/partition to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't windows install it's boot files and registry on a separate space/partition to...: One of the most seen errors of windows and which is very rampant Is the BSOD which probably means your Windows boot files are corrupted, I know some advanced technicians will know ways to fix some common boot errors but more times than not people have to flash their hard...
  5. Why can't windows install it's boot files and registry on a separate space/partition to...

Why can't windows install it's boot files and registry on a separate space/partition to...: One of the most seen errors of windows and which is very rampant Is the BSOD which probably means your Windows boot files are corrupted, I know some advanced technicians will know ways to fix some common boot errors but more times than not people have to flash their hard...
  6. Why can't windows install it's boot files and registry on a separate space/partition to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is it possible to install 2 windows 11home operating systems on 2 separate hardrives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install 2 windows 11home operating systems on 2 separate hardrives?: I have US & CANADA bookkeeping software that will not install on the same O.S. at the same time.Is it possible to install 2 operating systems on the same PC so that the both softwares can be installed on the same computer however on separate hard drives running their own...
  8. Is it possible to install 2 windows 11home operating systems on 2 separate hardrives?

Is it possible to install 2 windows 11home operating systems on 2 separate hardrives?: I have US & CANADA bookkeeping software that will not install on the same O.S. at the same time.Is it possible to install 2 operating systems on the same PC so that the both softwares can be installed on the same computer however on separate hard drives running their own...
  9. Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions?

Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions?: Is it possible to install another copy (same edition) of Win 10 Pro on the same physical drive in a separate partition. I tried doing it and ended up clobbering the first install. I'm running the current update (5/20/18) of Win10 with UEFI operational. I have downloaded the...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint on 2 separate drives

Dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint on 2 separate drives: Hi guys Some questions please, i have recently installed Linux Mint 18.2 on my Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 is installed on my 500GB SSD. Linux Mint has been installed on a separate 120GB SSD, connected to a sata port. Its all working great, and i can dual boot, choosing...