Windows 10: Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER

Discus and support Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cant boot into my BIOS or BOOTLOADER anymore, dont know why, when i press DELETE (which is my BIOS button) i get a blank screen and the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snadge, Jan 28, 2020.

1. snadge Win User

Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER

I cant boot into my BIOS or BOOTLOADER anymore, dont know why, when i press DELETE (which is my BIOS button) i get a blank screen and the computer doesnt seem to go past POST - same with F12

any ideas?

i have win10 1909
    CPU i5 ivy bridge (v3)
    12Gb RAM
    Samsung SSD
    Gigabyte H77M-D3H v1.0 mobo
    Gigabyte GTX 650 OC 1GB
    XFX Pro Core 450 PSU

thanks

:)

snadge, Jan 28, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 28, 2020
  3. How to make Windows 10 bootloader As default bootloader

If you're using UEFI, you might have to use that to edit.
    Modified from here:
    How to set Windows bootloader as default bootloader?
    To repair your Windows bootloader, if you have a Windows CD

1. Boot from CD
    2. From title screen, open terminal (the button is usually in bottom left corner)
    3. Execute bootrec /fixmbr

If this doesn't give desired results, try bootrec /fixboot

Allan Smithee, Jan 28, 2020
  4. whatitdo6 Win User

How To Fix The Windows 10 Bootloader

THANK YOU. This solved it. I think this was mentioned earlier by you or someone else perhaps but I've messed around with it enough now where I vaguely understood what the commands were doing. I actually had to delete the partition, recreate it, and re write the BCD as you suggested in Step 3.

Shoutout to @topgundcp I'm sure that last method you suggested would have worked too, but now I understand how to do it manually, so I learned something.

Also, thank you @NavyLCDR for your help as well.

I have ONE last question, any SAFE way to remove the old ubuntu EFI entries that are present in my UEFI as boot options?

edit: Nvm, figured it out. For anyone else wanting to know how to remove old EFI boot entries, use "EasyUEFI" it is super easy. Took like 10 seconds after install. I DID have two identical looking EFI's for my samsung ssd, one of them, in the details, showed that it had no file path. I assumed that was my old broken one and deleted it, must have been correct bc my computer boots up perfect.

Thanks!!!

whatitdo6, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER - Similar Threads - Cant boot BIOS

2. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  3. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  4. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  5. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Messed up bootloader/BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up bootloader/BIOS/UEFI: Hello. I had Debian installed. Yesterday I installed Windows because I needed it for a program. Windows killed my GRUB. I reinstalled GRUB and accidentally removed the windows bootloader?. GRUB won't recognize that a bootloader is in /dev/nvme0n1p2. And If I boot and press...
  7. HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.: I tried to install Arch Linux today. Because of stupid reasons I can't create a bootable partition on my SSD so I can't create a Linux install. I previously dual booted windows with Ubuntu, so now my Ubuntu install is gone I have no bootloader, as it previously used grub. I...
  8. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....
  9. Automatic boot using the UFEI bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic boot using the UFEI bootloader: How can I configure Win 10 to automatically use the UFEI OS bootloader rather than the default Windows (BIOS) bootloader? 68207
  10. Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup: Hello, all. I'm triple-booting (or trying to) on two hard drives: one has XP (32-bit) and 10 (64-bit) and one has Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit). If I try to boot into XP, my whole system restarts. When I try to go back to Windows bootloader, my system restarts a second time....