Windows 10: Can't Boot into BIOS

Discus and support Can't Boot into BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ebergerly Win User

Can't Boot into BIOS

I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck...

Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess I'm on Fast Startup. Which apparently is part of the problem, the handoff from BIOS to OS is too fast to recognize any key press.

The magic key to boot into BiOS is DEL. But it doesn't work. It just goes to Windows.

I've tried hitting Shift with restart, then holding DEL before turning computer on. No luck. I've tried tapping DEL as fast as I can. No luck.

No way to turn of Fast Startup, contrary to a lot of advice on the internet. Maybe it's the Ryzen power plan, or latest W10 that makes that unavailable.

Now I don't want to do anything fancy or dangerous, since I don't really need to go into BIOS for anything important. Other than re-enabling the BIOS splash screen so I don't go thru this again next time.

Anyone know of a simple, magic keypress? Thanks.

:)

ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018
  2. central473 Win User

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 27, 2018
  3. TheRandomBrian Win User
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

I don’t think I see an option to do that. I checked both boot and advance settings. On the top shows “aptio setup utility” and I think it’s ver 1.4 since I see it in advance settings. But other than splash screen option, I don’t see it. :/
    Maybe I should update bios if available?

TheRandomBrian, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Yashwanth Kotakuri Win User

Can't Boot into BIOS

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot into BIOS

1. Can't Boot into BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't Boot BIOS

2. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi: I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some reason there is no option for that, its either - Other OS - Windows UEFI mode what do i do? My mobo is a Asus Prime...
  3. BIOS Boot order

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS Boot order: No way, in the BIOS, to change Boot prioriy. I cannot use a CD to boot from in an emergency. How can this be done? Gigabyte laptop, Windows 10, 64. I cannot disable secure boot, the option will not highlite. 47197
  4. Can't change computer bios to boot from disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change computer bios to boot from disc: I want to format and partition my hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Problem: I can't change computer to boot from Drive instead of hard drive. When I restart and tap on excape or F9 F10 or F12 it just keeps coming up as a regular start booting from my...
  5. Can't get into the Bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get into the Bios: I have a Gateway NE56R52u that I upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and I can't get into the Bios. I've been on google all afternoon and tried everything but no luck. I have a HP desktop that I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and I can get into the...
  6. BIOS Boot order

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Boot order: I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive. How the hell am I to boot off these devices when I cannot see them in the BIOS? Gigabyte documentation, or the lack thereof, SUCKS big time. I finally...
  7. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS: Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it. I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now,...
  8. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...
  9. Can't Get Boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Boot to BIOS: Hi... Have a Dell XPS 8300 which came with Win7 Home Premium. 10-12 days ago, finally got my system upgraded to Win10... but, after completing the password, all I get is a black screen. FINALLY figured out it's because this motherboard came with an on-board VGA and...
  10. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD: Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running....