Can't Boot into BIOS

Discus and support Can't Boot into BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ebergerly Win User

Can't Boot into BIOS

I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck...

Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess I'm on Fast Startup. Which apparently is part of the problem, the handoff from BIOS to OS is too fast to recognize any key press.

The magic key to boot into BiOS is DEL. But it doesn't work. It just goes to Windows.

I've tried hitting Shift with restart, then holding DEL before turning computer on. No luck. I've tried tapping DEL as fast as I can. No luck.

No way to turn of Fast Startup, contrary to a lot of advice on the internet. Maybe it's the Ryzen power plan, or latest W10 that makes that unavailable.

Now I don't want to do anything fancy or dangerous, since I don't really need to go into BIOS for anything important. Other than re-enabling the BIOS splash screen so I don't go thru this again next time.

Anyone know of a simple, magic keypress? Thanks.

:)

ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018
  2. central473 Win User

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 27, 2018
  3. TheRandomBrian Win User
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

I don’t think I see an option to do that. I checked both boot and advance settings. On the top shows “aptio setup utility” and I think it’s ver 1.4 since I see it in advance settings. But other than splash screen option, I don’t see it. :/
    Maybe I should update bios if available?

TheRandomBrian, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Yashwanth Kotakuri Win User

Can't Boot into BIOS

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot into BIOS

1. Can't Boot into BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't Boot BIOS

2. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  3. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update: Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas? 116073
  4. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...
  5. Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...

Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...: Hi, This is the first time I encounter this problem. In ASUS Utility BIOS - EZ Mode, the storage/hdd is not detected from any Serial ATA Port, but Flashdrives are detected from USB Port. So I tried to use windows 10 USB installation media. I Successfully booted from a...
  6. Old tpm not cleared before booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old tpm not cleared before booting: I activated my tpm module in the bios after installing w10 on a formatted drive, the bios required a restart before the newly activated tpm module could be cleared from previous user data, but before i could press an f key to boot to bios after the restart to clear the tpm it...
  7. Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...: when i press the enter key the same message occurs. I am unable to get past it. The message comes back and back again. Before i got this message i had done control alt delete to shut down my laptop as it was stuck with the dots going in circles and had been for about...
  8. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  9. Can't click and drag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click and drag: I purchased my Dell laptop in October 2017. I can no longer click and drag or click and scroll. I don't know how to fix this. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-click-and-drag/3ac385fe-eee5-4981-9f27-672faa566f96
  10. install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen: I started having problems with my pc so I decided to do an in place install chosing to keep my files and programs after it completed I noticed my desktop files were all gone it was still acting weird so I restarted it and when I did it would get to the lock screen I would...