Windows 10: Can't Boot into BIOS

Discus and support Can't Boot into BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ebergerly Win User

Can't Boot into BIOS

I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck...

Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess I'm on Fast Startup. Which apparently is part of the problem, the handoff from BIOS to OS is too fast to recognize any key press.

The magic key to boot into BiOS is DEL. But it doesn't work. It just goes to Windows.

I've tried hitting Shift with restart, then holding DEL before turning computer on. No luck. I've tried tapping DEL as fast as I can. No luck.

No way to turn of Fast Startup, contrary to a lot of advice on the internet. Maybe it's the Ryzen power plan, or latest W10 that makes that unavailable.

Now I don't want to do anything fancy or dangerous, since I don't really need to go into BIOS for anything important. Other than re-enabling the BIOS splash screen so I don't go thru this again next time.

Anyone know of a simple, magic keypress? Thanks.

:)

ebergerly, Jul 27, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 27, 2018
  3. MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

I don’t think I see an option to do that. I checked both boot and advance settings. On the top shows “aptio setup utility” and I think it’s ver 1.4 since I see it in advance settings. But other than splash screen option, I don’t see it. :/
    Maybe I should update bios if available?

TheRandomBrian, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Can't Boot into BIOS

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot into BIOS

1. Can't Boot into BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't Boot BIOS

2. PC can't boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't boot into BIOS: Hello,I got this problem recently on my old laptop, I wanted to boot into BIOS I tried both ways but the screen just turns black for some seconds and boots back into windows....
  3. PC can't boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't boot into BIOS: Hello,I got this problem recently on my old laptop, I wanted to boot into BIOS I tried both ways but the screen just turns black for some seconds and boots back into windows....
  4. PC can't boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't do anything but boot into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do anything but boot into bios: I'm all locked out of my Asus laptop\tablet beet to fac reset... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-anything-but-boot-into-bios/0aa9b78b-76a8-4e78-a134-e349ed53066f
  6. Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot: I have just finished installing everything on my new system and realized that I can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS. Every time I enable it, it reverts to disabled. I'm using an NVM.e m.2 SSD (SK Hynix P31 Gold 1TB). Everything was set to UEFI during the installation...
  7. Can't boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into BIOS: Fast boot is turned off. Every time I boot there is no screen until the login screen, the screen remains in standby. Even mashing the keys to get into the BIOS leaves me on a dead screen or just ignores it and boots into Windows. submitted by /u/-EUROBEAT- [link]...
  8. CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS

CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS: Hi. I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 to my Acer Aspire A515-52, running Windows 10, but I cannot Boot into the Bios, I tried repeatelly pressing the F2, F12 and even the delete Keys and nothing. Please help...
  9. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  10. Can't Get Boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Boot to BIOS: Hi... Have a Dell XPS 8300 which came with Win7 Home Premium. 10-12 days ago, finally got my system upgraded to Win10... but, after completing the password, all I get is a black screen. FINALLY figured out it's because this motherboard came with an on-board VGA and...