Windows 10: Cant boot into computer

Discus and support Cant boot into computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I try to log into my computer it says “critical process died* and brings me to the advanced startup menu but I can use any of the options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jackson Mcneil, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Cant boot into computer

Everytime I try to log into my computer it says “critical process died* and brings me to the advanced startup menu but I can use any of the options because I don’t know my password for my account can anyone help me?

:)

Jackson Mcneil, Nov 25, 2022

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 25, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Cant boot into computer

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

Cant boot into computer

1. Cant boot into computer - Similar Threads - Cant boot computer

2. WIndows XP Computer cant boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows XP Computer cant boot: When i turn on the computer i see the windows xp logo, and then its a black screen.When i go to safe mode it tries to make me activate winodws, which cant happen because its in safe mode.My computer came with XP so i do not have the disc to restore it.Prior to this, i tried...
  3. WIndows XP Computer cant boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows XP Computer cant boot: When i turn on the computer i see the windows xp logo, and then its a black screen.When i go to safe mode it tries to make me activate winodws, which cant happen because its in safe mode.My computer came with XP so i do not have the disc to restore it.Prior to this, i tried...
  4. Cant boot into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot into computer: Everytime I try to log into my computer it says “critical process died* and brings me to the advanced startup menu but I can use any of the options because I don’t know my password for my account can anyone help me?...
  5. Cant boot into computer

Cant boot into computer: Everytime I try to log into my computer it says “critical process died* and brings me to the advanced startup menu but I can use any of the options because I don’t know my password for my account can anyone help me?...
  6. Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!: Was coding in VS Code and then the computer crashed. After I restarted the computer, the screen froze on "preparing automatic repair". Sometimes there was an BSOD showing DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.I can't get into safe mode, troubleshoot the PC or reinstall windows.Other...
  7. Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!

Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!: Was coding in VS Code and then the computer crashed. After I restarted the computer, the screen froze on "preparing automatic repair". Sometimes there was an BSOD showing DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.I can't get into safe mode, troubleshoot the PC or reinstall windows.Other...
  8. Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashed, cant boot into OS but live boot works?!: Was coding in VS Code and then the computer crashed. After restarted the computer, the screen froze on "preparing automatic repair". Sometimes there was an BSOD showing DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.I can't get into safe mode, troubleshoot the PC or reinstall windows.Other...
  9. Computer crashed and cant boot into os

Computer crashed and cant boot into os: Was playing Ark and the computer crashed, showing DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Restarted on it's own and would continually crash with several BOS. KMODE EXECUTION NOT HANDLED PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA KERNEL MODE KEEP CORRUPTION SYSTEM THREAD EXECUTION SYSTEM SERVICE...
  10. HELP Cant Boot Up My Computer

HELP Cant Boot Up My Computer: Hello! I'm facing a really stupid problem, So my SSD is conflicting with my HDD of 2TB and it stucks on the windows logo endless time loop, but when i plug my hdd of 250GB it works fine with the SSD, so i think my HDD 2TB must be broken or somenthing or its something else?...