Windows 10: Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?

Discus and support Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So long story short I bought a new SDD and then tried to copy some pictures and files from the old HDD. I don't really know what happened along the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IkeoL, Apr 18, 2021.

1. IkeoL Win User

Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?

So long story short I bought a new SDD and then tried to copy some pictures and files from the old HDD. I don't really know what happened along the way but I must've messed with some security settings and lost access to my HDD. Now I gained back access to it, says those folders I want to access are no longer there and its because they are shortcuts, but the files are definitely still there cause I can still see the used up space on the HDD. So now I'm trying to get back into my HDD but now it won't boot up for some reason... I've tried a chkdsk, sfx scannow, fixmbr and now tried to reinstall windows but I get an error, tried advanced repair also get an error, and for some reason the whole windows32 folder is gone on that HDD idk how that happened. So I'm really lost right now any help would be appreciated! Thanks, and no I don't have any external backups or restore points.. Sadly, and I created an image of the HDD split it on the same hdd so I could work with the one that's not working. Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows? [​IMG]Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows? [​IMG]Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows? [​IMG]

:)

IkeoL, Apr 18, 2021
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Apr 18, 2021
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows? - Similar Threads - Can't boot HDD

2. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  3. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  4. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. XP won't boot and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XP won't boot and can't reinstall: My backup desktop running XP SP3 has become reluctant to boot. It runs CHKDSK on C: and G: , and displays the Desktop, but the Taskbar has an hourglass on it for a minute or so, before the computer turns off. I've replaced the CMOS battery. I've tried to reinstall the O.S....
  6. I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.

I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.: So I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. The problem is I can't get my computer to boot up using the USB instead of the main hard drive. I tried changing the boot mode in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI with...
  7. Can't boot into windows after installing new HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot into windows after installing new HDD: After installing a new HDD in my PC as a second drive, I can't boot into windows. I got a HDD as my SSD my main drive is really low on space. I never had this kind of issue, before my PC would boot quite fast. Now it's just stuck on the windows loading screen. Why is this...
  8. I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?: I tried to reinstall windows 10 because I've had some boot issuesblack screen with white underscore I recently tried to boot into a windows ISO using a USB, but when I chose to keep all my files while installing it said thispicture so I took out the installation media and...
  9. Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it: This is going to be a bit long, but I want to give details of the issue. Since I was forced to install the latest November update about five days ago, my PC has been slower than usual, taking a few seconds to open notepad, folders or any file, really. Local music playback...
  10. Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

Can't boot after reinstall of Windows: My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates etc, but if I resart it hangs on the 4 blue windo panes and rotating white dots. I am installing to a 125GB SSD which I...