Windows 10: Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Discus and support Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trevstonbury, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

:)

trevstonbury, Jan 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 PC won't boot up into safe mode with networking, only normal safe mode.

My PC has been running quite slow as of recent and it's almost impossible to get through a virus scan without the virus scanner freezing and crashing. The only way I can run it is in safe mode with networking because the scanner needs a network to run.
    However everytime I try to boot my PC into safe mode with networking by pressing f5 it just goes straight into normal safe mode... I then tried the msconfig way and checked the box with networking underneath the boot up in safe mode. Yet again it still boots
    up into normal safe mode so I can't access the network in order to run the virus scanner. It's weird because the network works on Normal mode but my PC point blank refuses to enter safe mode with networking.

georgebeaumont, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Windows stuck on blue windows logo with frozen circle dots

Unfortunately your link says that this can't be done from safe mode. I can only get to normal safe mode, and safe mode with cmd prompt. I cannot get to normal windows, or safe mode with networking.

Robert4818, Jan 16, 2018
  4. essenbe Win User

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Hi Trevor and welcome to Tenforums. There are several ways to approach your problem. When I was reading your post, my initial impression was the same as yours, the Network driver was causing your issue. To be safe, go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features uninstall a program and sort the drivers by date installed. See which drivers were installed at the time you began having the problem. If you find any, I think it would be safe to assume the problem would be one of them. If you have another computer, go to the HP website for your model computer and download those drivers to a USB Flash Drive. Do one at a time and install the drivers you just downloaded and reboot until you find the offending driver. I would do this one at a time so you will know which driver it is in case Windows Update decides to install it again. See if that will work for you.

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode... [​IMG]

essenbe, Jan 16, 2018
  5. 1. Shut down your computer by pressing the power button.
    2. After 3-5 minutes, turn your computer back on. Then press the F8 key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo.
    In Windows 10, you were able to press Shift key 5 times again and again on startup.

fisrtme2212, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

1. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode... - Similar Threads - Can't boot Normal

2. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  3. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  5. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  6. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  8. Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally: Hey Everyone, I have Bootcamp running Windows on my 2019 Mac Pro. Whenever it boots into normal Windows it boots perfectly and has no issues. But, when I try to boot it into safe mode, it goes completely dark. My monitor says it has no signal, and the computer just sits...
  9. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  10. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...