Windows 10: Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

Discus and support Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Klaasvk, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff.

It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a live linux distro when windows was probbably in hibernation because it was going to do some updates.

After that I tried everything to fix it but I did not succeed and I am stuck now. :/ I couldn't reinstall kali or Manjaro because it would error out (something with python.boot and efi). Also I tried bootrec /fixboot with a live Windows repair USB but that also didn't work (acces denied errors). Gparted clearly shows my Windows partition still is there with some other 500mb partition but that doesn't show as bootable.

When I try to install grub or mount disks in Manjaro live terminal I get all sorts of errors and can't proceed (I did install grub2). But grub and grub2 did't show any filesys with the ls command so. I got myself a boot repair live USB and ran the recommended repair thing. Wich showed that there was indeed 1 opperating system found (Windows 10 ofc). But after the repair I STILL can't boot into it, this time grub does show NTFS when using ls.

The Boot Repair Utility recommended to ask for help on forums and upload the "Boot Info Summary" so here I go: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/49Yt2Nc47B/

I hope this posts reaches some smart guy who maybe could look into it and sees what I am missing out on. Thanks

I am sorry for my bad English, I am not a English man.

submitted by /u/Klaasvk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Klaasvk, Sep 5, 2020
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

/boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition :)

angelkiller, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

1. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition - Similar Threads - Can't boot Win10

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Unfortunately deleted Linux , can't boot windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unfortunately deleted Linux , can't boot windows: I have Lenovo laptop with windows 10 and Linux I have unfortunately deleted the partition of Linux, so I can't boot windows it's showing grub rescue unknown file system. Please help me to boot windows or tell me another way to boot, to use windows....
  5. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  6. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  7. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  8. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB): I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m...
  9. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  10. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

in Windows 10 Support
    Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit: Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted linux partition cant boot windows