Windows 10: Can't boot into Win10

Discus and support Can't boot into Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a working win10 pro install and wanted to create a fresh install on another SSD and slowly build it back up to my current install. After creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sxcd1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Sxcd1 Win User

Can't boot into Win10

I had a working win10 pro install and wanted to create a fresh install on another SSD and slowly build it back up to my current install. After creating a Win10 USB installer I booted it up and created my fresh install on the other SSD sucessfully. When I try to boot back into my original install the system just hands with a dash on the screen. I've tried to repair the install with the Win10 USB installer without success. My fresh install is version 1909. I hope someone can help.

:)

Sxcd1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 6, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 6, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't boot into Win10

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't boot into Win10 :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot into Win10

1. Can't boot into Win10 - Similar Threads - Can't boot Win10

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't boot into my system win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't boot into my system win10: I am not able to boot into my laptop and i am getting this error. How to fix this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-boot-into-my-system-win10/8cfbc622-5ab8-4b73-b060-57e8b16dc33b
  6. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  7. Boot Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Win10: I took a computer offline to reload from boot to transfer computer to spouse. Now I can't boot system. Errors and does not read from disc or usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-win10/8f7dff19-9c72-46a2-a437-d0bdb575675b
  8. can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager: For years, I've been able to switch back and forth between Ubuntu's Grub boot manager and Windows 7's boot manager on my laptop's SSD before actually selecting one or the other OS to boot. When I selected Windows on the Grub menu, the Win7 boot manager would present its menu...
  9. Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon): Hi, for a while now I have been unable to enable my hyperthreading and start windows 10 . When Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS, it loads up to the point where the windows logo appears, then loads a couple seconds more, then reboots... in a loop up to the point where you...
  10. Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone): I've a 2TB Toshiba HDD and recently purchased a 480GB PNY SSD. I would like to migrate all the data the HDD contains to the SSD, use the SSD as my main drive and just dump movies, photos etc. to the HDD later. Since I've only about 300GB on the HDD, I wanted to a direct...