Windows 10: Can't boot my friends' PC

Discus and support Can't boot my friends' PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] ^ I know she has this version of Win10. Booted up normal this morning, no problems. Afternoon weather caused lights to flicker but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Corona, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Corona Win User

Can't boot my friends' PC

Can't boot my friends' PC [​IMG]

^ I know she has this version of Win10.

Booted up normal this morning, no problems. Afternoon weather caused lights to flicker but no blackout. Around that time she thought her PC was just 'asleep', tried to wake it, nothing. Noticed the power light was off. I tried power button, nothing. Unplugged, re-plugged, power light came on for 5 seconds, back off again. Tried this several times w/ same result. Here's the specs I grabbed a few weeks earlier...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-0TLN72P
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Inspiron 3668
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 0763
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, 3912 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.12.0, 4/18/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    BaseBoard Product 07KY25
    BaseBoard Version A00
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
    User Name DESKTOP-0TLN72P\Kathie
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 13.1 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 15.0 GB
    Page File Space 2.38 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

-----------------

I'm stumped, but that's a given. Any ideas?

-------

(Please ignore the pic below this line if it's visible to you.)

:)

Corona, Apr 13, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My friend's PC won't boot into Windows 10

Hi Setherz6104

When you say - your friend was tinkering with his memory modules and other things

Is that with the physical components or with settings inside Windows?

The error message he is receiving means BIOS cannot find Windows on the device set to boot from

Boot into BIOS, is there a restore defaults button in there - if so, click that . . .

Then find the page with the boot order list, is the SSD set as top of the boot order list?

DaveM121, Apr 13, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Nitcord Win User

My friend's PC won't boot into Windows 10

Is the PC trying to boot from a CD/USB? Try pressing a key like F9 when you start your PC. You should enter the "Boot Options" and if you do that, select boot from Hard Drive.

Nitcord, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't boot my friends' PC - Similar Threads - Can't boot friends'

2. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  3. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  4. Selling my PC to a friend.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling my PC to a friend.: I'm selling my PC to a friend, and buying a new one. My new one comes with a new license key for Windows 10. Is there anyway he can use the one that I have right now? Or would I have to remove it from my devices in my account and have him buy his own?...
  5. Can't boot my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot my pc: Hi, I tried to install new update but it stuck while updating and I had to restart my system and all I'm getting now is undoing changes to your computer message . What should I do . I tried to enter safe mode by pressing f8 or 11 but nothing happens submitted by...
  6. Why my friend's PC gets into same boot problem everytimes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my friend's PC gets into same boot problem everytimes?: My friend has a budget computer with i3 CPU and 4GB RAM. His computer always gets the same problem of Windows not booting up. For like 1 year we tried to reinstall Windows several times and after doing some fixes or taking the PC to repair shop, his computer will run fine for...
  7. Friend’s PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend’s PC: So a friend gifted me his PC because he got a new one, but he didn’t touch anything on it. I have his password so I can log in as his user, which is the only one on the computer, but when I try and reset the whole PC it just goes “something went wrong no changes made.” I’ve...
  8. My friend's PC won't boot into Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My friend's PC won't boot into Windows 10: It was working last night (he was tinkering with his memory modules and other things), and now, this morning, it won't boot into Windows. He's tried both of his drives (HDD and SSD, it's installed on his SSD), and it still won't boot. He starts his computer, and his BIOS...
  9. BSOD on my friend's PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on my friend's PC: Hi there, I'm making this thread on behalf of a friend as for some reason this website won't let him sign in. He's getting frequent crashes and BSOD's, particularly while gaming and even after a full reinstall of Windows 10 64 bit Pro. Here is a link to his mini dump files...
  10. Giving my PC to a friend

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Giving my PC to a friend: I am giving my PC to a friend. I am administrator and only my account is on it. How do I delete my account here in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/giving-my-pc-to-a-friend/6af0d2bd-7c1f-41e9-9629-f10fca8b5a7b"