Windows 10: Can't boot my laptop..help!!

Discus and support Can't boot my laptop..help!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Asus laptop with windows 10 OS. I kept failing updates so I tried to find a way to solve this problem. I found one post saying that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Can't boot my laptop..help!!

Hi, I'm using Asus laptop with windows 10 OS. I kept failing updates so I tried to find a way to solve this problem. I found one post saying that modifying registry will do. I must have done it wrong. When I deleted some of them and restarted, this started to happen. Only thing I can see on the screen is these spinning dots. When I press CTRL,alt,del keys at the same time it shows me the sign in page without any sign in blank(sorry I'm not good at explaining things in English but it's like showing the blue cloud image with light beam windows logo, the screen where you gotta type your password to log in and use laptop. It shows that page without any information of myself and the black to type my password in. Only things I can click are language, internet connection, ease of access, and power off buttons on the right bottom of the screen. I tried f8 or other f-number buttons but I saw that f8 doesn't work on windows 10 anymore. I tried pressing restart while holding shift key but nothing happened( which should let me get into recovery page) I feel like there is literally nothing I can do this point. Please can anyone help me? Thank you
    P.S. Sorry if there was any inappropriate language. I'm not a native English speaker

:)

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016

2. Greetings

I was trying to repair black screen on my laptop with a bootable pen drive and Mistakenly disabled boot priorities in bios. Now my Pc can't boot and doesn't show any boot priorities options in boot priorities
    Please I need help

Dilan Tsasi, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Cannot view desktop screen after Clean Boot

My computer scren is broken and I use my Tv as my monitor .

I got a system call error and I peformed a clean boot.

Now my montor won't respond to my laptop.

Now I can't use my computer anymore!

Help!!!!

Clean Boot Help!- Original Title

AlexandreMoores, Jun 4, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Can't boot my laptop..help!!

We need to know two things.
    • The specific model number of the laptop, so that we can understand its specs.
    • The BIOS Mode, whether it is UEFI or Legacy. Troubleshooting of unbootable computers have a great bearing on this information.
    If you are not sure about the BIOS Mode .... do the following:

5. Thanks for reply Arc! For now I don't have any second computer to download so I will download it by school computer tomorrow. The model number of the laptop is Asus E402M. Thank you

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    From the model number, it appears that the system should have UEFI (unless you have altered it).
    From the original post, you said you can see the spinning dots, that means the computer completes POST and then it fails to boot.

Based on these two information, I will suggest you three steps.

1. Restore the BIOS to its defaults.
    Can't boot my laptop..help!! [​IMG]

2. Boot into Advanced Startup Options following the Option five of the guide: Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. If both of the above failed, refresh the OS: Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Let us know the results.

7. I just did first step and tomorrow I will get USB download windows 10 thing that's written in the forum. I have a question now though. If I just go with sixth option that's mentions in the link, would that help?

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

If a hard reboot gives you that option, go for it.

9. Sorry for being so dependent and thank you for helping me but would you recommend doing it? I don't really have any important files except for the pictures I've been taking for three years(which are stored in D drive). Would they be deleted? Thank you

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    The D drive should remain untouched.

11. HI jonghun lee i thing ARC Was helping you, but to answer your question regarding the pictures stored in drive D, if they are safe,
    ok number one depends if drive D is a physical second hard drive yes your safe , but if drive D: Is partition or part of drive C: then they might not be safe so I suggest be patient and wait until ARC can resume your help

gijoetech1, Jun 4, 2016
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    None of the suggestions posted in post #4 will affect any other partition of physical drive other than C drive.

13. Can't boot my laptop..help!!

I want to reply each other separately but I dont know how so I will just reply in general. I researched little bit if c and d are physically different hard drives and it seems like the answer is No. So I think I will just wait till tomorrow to try original method that Arc suggested. Thanks for the help guys *Smile

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016
  14. Oops I just read your reply Arc. If that's true I might try sixth option. I will reply how it went soon. Thanks

jonghun lee, Jun 4, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I think that is true.

If you restore your computer to factory defaults using the restore media/partition; or if you order the windows installation media to format the disk, the other drives that C will be affected; otherwise not. A reset or upgrade should not affect anything other than the C drive.

But a contradiction came. If you want to listen to that, you may.

Thema:

1. Can't boot my laptop..help!! - Similar Threads - Can't boot laptop

2. Help my laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help my laptop wont boot: I have a problem where my laptop is not booting at all. I have my cursor and it stuck in welcome screen and does nothing. I need this laptop in hurry since I have a lot of homework to do. I need to finish them all. I dont want to reset or something that will clean it. I just...
  3. Help my laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my laptop wont boot: I have a problem where my laptop is not booting at all. I have my cursor and it stuck in welcome screen and does nothing. I need this laptop in hurry since I have a lot of homework to do. I need to finish them all. I dont want to reset or something that will clean it. I just...
  4. Help my laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't boot my laptop: Hi. I desperately need someone's help. Today my laptop won't boot anymore saying "boot failed / boot manager not found or missing" something like this. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-73. I have very important documents on my hard drive that I cannot afford to lose. Can anyone help...
  6. I can't boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot my laptop: Hi. I desperately need someone's help. Today my laptop won't boot anymore saying "boot failed / boot manager not found or missing" something like this. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-73. I have very important documents on my hard drive that I cannot afford to lose. Can anyone help...
  7. I can't boot my laptop

8. I can't boot my laptop

I can't boot my laptop: I can't boot it - when I press the button and the system starts, the error message shows up saying ''the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can't proceed. To install windows, click OK to restart the computer and then...
  9. Can't boot my laptop

Can't boot my laptop: Hi guys and gals, I desperately need someones help. One day my laptop won't boot anymore, saying that "boot failed/boot manager not found" something like this. I have an acer Aspire ES1-731, This is what I already tried to solve the issue, but unsuccessful. I changed...
  10. Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot!

Help!!! My win 10 laptop can't boot!: I can't boot my laptop and it keeps showing the BSOD. I tried every options in the blue screen but nonthing works! Plz help!! 14839