Windows 10: Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works

Discus and support Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm selling my laptop. I needed to do a factory reset ready for the new owner. After being stuck at 12% for hours, I had decided that it was stuck,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaFurlonger, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works

I'm selling my laptop. I needed to do a factory reset ready for the new owner. After being stuck at 12% for hours, I had decided that it was stuck, it has done this in the past when I was trying to fix an issue which stopped the system working properly. I left it overnight and stayed at 12%. It partially reset it however, which solved the issue at the time.

I looked online to see how I could reset it. I was told to use the creation tool, which would reinstall windows. I followed the steps but this didn't work either, it said reset failed. I wanted to try it again so restarted the computer. It took a while to shut down, then when it came back on it showed the Toshiba logo, this stayed on screen about a minute, it then turned grey, the lights flickered on the keyboard, the screen went black for about 10 seconds, then back to Toshiba screen. It does this cycle over and over. F8 doesn't work or any other button mentioned on the internet, I have interrupted the boot about 10 times and there is no recovery menu.

I looked online again, I downloaded the windows 10 disk image ISO from my new working laptop to reinstall windows. Put it on USB and disk. No change. I made a recovery disk on both USB and disk, nothing works. The cycle never changes on the screen no matter what I try.

Is it knackered? Is there anything else I can try?

Just to be clear, I can't get to safe mode, bios or anything else. I've seen similar posts and the person answering says "go to start.... then go to...." I cannot get to any screen that allows me to do anything.

Please help! Thank you.

:)

MariaFurlonger, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ron S Win User

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Frighty Win User
    Black Screen /w mouse on startup - safe mode boot, repair and reset fails

Hi all!

Since yesterday, my up-to-date Windows 10 PC boots to a black screen. Hoewever, I can

• move the mouse
    • use some shortcut functions, e.g. open monitor options by pressing Win+p or open speech input by pressing Win+Enter.

What I tried:

• Rebooting after unplugging all USB devices -> same behaviour
    • safe mode -> same behaviour
    • low resolution mode -> same behaviour
    • system repair (via advanced boot menu) -> it fails with an error
    • system reset (retaining data) -> it fails with an error
    • system restore -> cannot find any recovery points (though I do not believe there are none)
    • booting with a usb flash device set up with the boot media creation tool -> does not find the windows installation

Seems to me like I am pretty up a gum tree here. However, any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Frighty, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works

Safe mode reset

Hi Oliver,

It's possible that your device is set to boot in Safe Mode. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open Run Dialog box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Under General tab, choose Normal startup if it's not selected already.
    • Now, go to Boot tab, uncheck the Safe Boot
      option if it is checked.
    • Click OK to save the changes and restart the device to boot in Normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works

1. Can't boot my system after failed reset, can't access safe mode, nothing works - Similar Threads - Can't boot system

2. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  3. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  5. Can't access safe mode with my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access safe mode with my password: I have even changed my password and it still will not accept my password. I do not remember my old password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-safe-mode-with-my-password/89146625-74b3-470e-92fc-f1df9df65acb
  6. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  7. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  8. Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...: Hi All, One day my computer crashed while gaming and since then windows will not boot. It will have the windows ten loader come up with the blue windows and then fail black screen or on occasion make it to the blue recovery screen. From there we have tried the command...
  9. Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot): I ran out of hard drive space during an operation, so erased some personal files, and tried to re-boot, but it gets stuck a second after those circular dots start to rotate. I can't get to booting in safe mode either. Tried assigning the boot mode to legacy so I can use...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...