Windows 10: Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225

Discus and support Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using an HP Pavilion 570 P065SE.I recently purchased a Samsung 970 EVO SSD and cloned my system onto it using Macrium Reflect. It looked like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GibsonGarner, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225

I am using an HP Pavilion 570 P065SE.I recently purchased a Samsung 970 EVO SSD and cloned my system onto it using Macrium Reflect. It looked like everything moved over ok in the file explorer. I disconnected my HDD and rebooted. When i did i got a blue screen with the message "your pc/device needs to be repaired. The application or OS couldn't be located because a required file is missing or contains errors. File:\widows\system32\winload.efi Error code 0xc0000225".

I plugged my HDD back in and still got the same message. I tried to ensure that it was booting from the HDD in the BIOS but still the same thing.

I do have a thumb drive with a windows installation because i originally installed a clean version of Windows on the SSD but then cleared it and cloned my HDD onto it.

How do i get windows to boot again? Preferably from the SSD but at this point any boot will do.

:)

GibsonGarner, Apr 21, 2020

2. error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Homeless Win User
    0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225

1. Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - Can't boot cloning

2. Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc can't boot from newly cloned SSD: I cloned my OS and data from an old ssd to a new one using minitool partition wizard. Once done, I shut down my computer and made sure the only drive connected was the clone SSD. I turned on my pc and it doesn't get past the no logo loading dots, it just keeps doing...
  3. Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11: I used Macrium Reflect to clone the mechanical HDD on my daughter's PC to a new fast SSD drive.Installed the drive, booted up the PC and then connected the old drive and removed the partitions from the old drive and formatted it new for her data drive.When I rebooted her PC,...
  4. Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11

Cloned PC HD to SSD now Error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 11: I used Macrium Reflect to clone the mechanical HDD on my daughter's PC to a new fast SSD drive.Installed the drive, booted up the PC and then connected the old drive and removed the partitions from the old drive and formatted it new for her data drive.When I rebooted her PC,...
  5. PC can’t boot/Error code 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can’t boot/Error code 0xc0000225: I randomly found my PC with a BSOD, restarting it gave me a blue screen displaying ‘Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, with error code 0xc0000225. Booting in safe mode with networking from start-up settings gives me another error, error code 0xc000007b, saying a critical...
  6. PC can’t boot/Error code 0xc0000225

PC can’t boot/Error code 0xc0000225: I randomly found my PC with a BSOD, restarting it gave me a blue screen displaying ‘Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, with error code 0xc0000225. Booting in safe mode with networking from start-up settings gives me another error, error code 0xc000007b, saying a critical...
  7. PC can’t boot/Error code 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Error Code: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code: 0xc0000225: I can't get into windows 10. I use parallels. Seems like I am missing a file or something expired. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000225/3e9a7e58-870a-46de-932c-4351b6ace8ef
  9. Can't boot installation USB with Windows 10: 'Error code: 0xc0000225'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot installation USB with Windows 10: 'Error code: 0xc0000225': I wanted to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on my Local Disk 'C' partition. Therefore, I made a bootable Windows 10 USB with Rufus and proceeded with the setup. However, I ended up deleting my 'C' partition (the other partitions I had were left untouched). I still...
  10. Error Code: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code: 0xc0000225: [IMG]I got a pop up that says theres a problem and i can restart to fix...and it said “Automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000225/b93d9c49-0771-4f53-b226-7d1aad735b66
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows error code 0xc0000225 after cloning disk

2. windows cloned hdd into ssd 0xc0000225

3. computer error code 0xc0000225 after cloning boot drive

4. error code 0c0000225 after cloning