Windows 10: Can't boot pc

Discus and support Can't boot pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I just got an ssd. I cloned my windows 10 from the hdd to it and after that I entered the BIOS and selected the ssd to be the top priority. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nevo2323, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Can't boot pc

Hi, I just got an ssd. I cloned my windows 10 from the hdd to it and after that I entered the BIOS and selected the ssd to be the top priority. After that I did save and exit and windows never starts after that. It shows loading after more than 7 hours. I tried entering safe mode and it didn't work and resetting the pc failed. I also tried to set the BIOS options as they were beforehand. What else can I do?

submitted by /u/nevo2323
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nevo2323, Dec 1, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 1, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 1, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Can't boot pc

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot pc

1. Can't boot pc - Similar Threads - Can't boot

2. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  3. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  4. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  6. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  7. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  9. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  10. My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot: What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-start-correctly-and-keeps-restarting/b643ab73-a523-4d98-b297-f62a61e70d8e