Windows 10: Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

Discus and support Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IvanBala, Nov 25, 2022.

1. IvanBala Win User

Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can.

:)

IvanBala, Nov 25, 2022

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Nov 25, 2022
  4. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly? - Similar Threads - Can’t boot safe

2. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  3. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  4. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  5. I can not boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not boot into safe mode: HiI tried all methods here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/609752/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-in-windows-11.htmlThe Advanced options does not exists and I tried msconfig safe boot option also does not work, any advise ?...
  6. I can not boot into safe mode

I can not boot into safe mode: HiI tried all methods here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/609752/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-in-windows-11.htmlThe Advanced options does not exists and I tried msconfig safe boot option also does not work, any advise ?...
  7. BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode: Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area What failed: Ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but...
  8. BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at boot, can’t enter safe mode: Last night when attempting to boot my desktop I got a BSOD with the following stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area What failed: Ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot into safe mode. During the boot process I make it to the “preparing automatic repair” loading screen, but then...
  9. Windows 10 Fails Regular Boot, Safe Mode boot OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fails Regular Boot, Safe Mode boot OK: Hi, I have a desktop Windows 10 x64 machine that's been working fine for months/years. It was automatically updated from Win7 last year. This morning I replaced the 2x4GB DDR3 memory with 2x8GB DDR3. This seemed to work though for some reason it works at 800MHz instead...
  10. Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?: Curious where the issues could be. I posted last night that when I was trying to run DISM or SFC a small second window would appear and close and then the processs would not start at all. It would just sit there and do nothing. The other thing is I could not close those cmd...